New Mom

Options
Hi, I'm a new mom that has some weight to lose. Anyone else out there in the same predicament that can help be a support? Thanks, and look forward to losing some weight and being more healthy! And if anyone has any tips into finding time to exercise and prepare healthy quick snacks/meals with a 4 mo old please let me in on your secrets :)

Replies

• tljennin1
    Options
    I sent you a request, I have a 10 wk old.
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I havea 7 weeks old baby boy and a 2yr old girl, sending you a request as well! Always great to meet other mommies with the same goal :)
  • brit_s
    Options
    I sent you a request as well!!! I have a 3 month old and almost 3 year old :) Would love to have other mommy friends to motivate and help motivate me! :)
  • brit_s
    Options
    I sent you a request as well!!! I have a 3 month old and almost 3 year old :) Would love to have other mommy friends to motivate and help motivate me! :)
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Got a 9month old, it's been some journey since giving birth and putting on 50bls, but I've lost 25lbs so far,
    Add me mommies. :)
  • MarisaMitchell6
    MarisaMitchell6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Moms!

I have an almost 7 week old baby girl and I have about 35 pounds to lose. I lost weight after I had my first daughter, but the majority of it came off after I stopped breastfeeding her on her 1st birthday. I plan to nurse my baby until she is a year also, but would like to take the weight off sooner rather than later.

How do you guys get those little trackers with your weight loss goals??
  • zephtalah
    zephtalah Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi! My littlest are 9 1/2 months old. It can be tough with a little one around, but it is oh so worth it! As far as tips for meals and snacks, I try my best to plan ahead. If I wait till dinner time it isn't going to go well, but if I have everything prepped before hand it is so much smoother. A meal prepped in the crockpot the night before so all you have to do is take it out and put it on low during the day helps so much. Google OAMC for freezer ideas and just make healthy substitutions as needed. I also chop veggies and have them in the fridge for the week. I wash and prep fruits that need it too (i.e. grapes,etc.) If I have quick healthy choices it makes it easier to keep it under control. I always end up gaining so much weight during pregnancy and don't seem to lose any of it when the baby is born (seriously come home from the hospital weighing what I did going in. :huh: ) I have nursed all my babies too. Make sure you are getting enough calories for that too. Losing weight is a good thing, but not at the expense of your little one. If you can just take a lap or two around the park before you take the older one to play. I would tell my children :as soon as we are done with _ laps you can play, so let's see how quick we can get it done!" I also excercise after they go to bed at night. I don't normally feel like it, but I don't feel like carrying around extra baby weight either. Feel free to add me if you want or PM me if I can be of any more help.

P.S. make sure to take some time to just enjoy the sweet snuggly smell of your precious little girl.:flowerforyou: