My feel good NSV for the day

Options
jmuller06
jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
It's lunch time here at work and like most days I ventured to the cafeteria. As I made my rounds to see what the options were I was stopped by one lady who remarked "You've REALLY lost a lot of weight." I smiled and said thank you and we parted. At that point I decided lunch would be the greek beef wrap and a side of tater tots. So, I strolled back to the deli station to wait in line where I ran into a guy I saw in the fitness center last evening. After the usual hello, how are you exchange, he said "You've really trimmed down." Again, I smiled and said thank you. He went on to tell me it's great to see me in the fitness center. I smiled. My turn up at the deli. Greeted the lady working and ordered my wrap. She commented about how good I look and what a great job I'm doing then asked if I wanted any sides. I told her while I had planned on grabbing tater tots I would instead take a side of cucumber and tomatoes. We joked about me keeping it light and staying away from the grease. Then, the highlight for me....the guy in line behind me said I inspired him to skip the tater tots too. :happy: I'm holding on to this smile the rest of the day.

Happy Thursday everyone!

~jo

Replies

• daisiemae123
    daisiemae123 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    :happy:

Great NSV always feels good when someone notices. Good for you for getting noticed and continuing to make great choices.
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    What an awesome lunch time :) Congrats!
  • ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Such an incredible feeling of accomplishment - you paid it forward to the guy to keep it light!!! such a great story!
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Great NSV, I love it! Keep up the good work.

And you're passing along the smart decisions to others, even better! If all of us made one good decision today and it caused one other person to make a good decision and so on, think we could stop the obesity epidemic? :) Food for thought (pardon the pun)

Also, your workplace sounds like a really positive environment!
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome,
    great day you deserve it
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Keep up the awesome work!! What a great way to start the afternoon!
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    WOO! well done thats ace x
  • djtulppo
    djtulppo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great feel good story. Thanks for sharing it. I also find that when I get compliments about my weight loss it motivates me to keep on going. :-) Your doing a great job.
  • jenniferrow
    Options
    Love this! Made me smile.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Looking good AND inspiring others at the same time. Doesn't get much better than that. Good for you!

ETA: Oh my gosh! I miss tator tots!!!
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! :happy:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Good to see great choices rub off on other people!!
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    aawww that's great! Can't wait for people to notice my loss. Can understand how it made your day! And good for you choosing the cucumber and tomato sides - that is true dedication!
  • Mylolamia
    Mylolamia Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Recognition like this makes it all so worthwhile. Keep up the good work!
  • jmuller06
    jmuller06 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :smile:
  • RamoZimm
    RamoZimm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Cool! You should be very proud of your success!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic!! All those compliments helped you to make a GOOD decision for you...and you, without even realizing it, helping someone else to make a good choice.

GREAT NSVs!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!