Insulin resistance

Options
2»

Replies

• Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to speak with both your doctor and a good dietician to setup the best plan for you. I work closely with my endocrinologist and dietician to put together my plan. Best luck.
  • skinnyminiby2014
    Options
    I was able to lose weight while eating carbs, but at one point I stopped losing and as soon as I cut the number of carbs I ate in half staying at the same number of calories I was able to continue losing. Unfortunately for me a low carb diet just isn't a reality. I feel better when I eat carbs than when I am cutting carbs. Of course the doctor has me on metformin for my insulin resistance and I think that there are times where if I don't each much bread or cut out too much sugar the metformin makes me sick.

My insulin resistance is a result / symptom of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). So, with this not being the situation for you it may have different effects.
  • skinnyminiby2014
    Options
    Yes. Its about knowing what to eat and what not to eat. Eat according to the glycemic index..for instance..raw carrots..not cooked. brown rice not white rice..whole grain bread not white bread..

You can try Paleo or even a Primal diet..yes..it helped me lose..but I couldn't maintain not eating cheese or yogurt..But I am on metformin aswell..I take it 3 times a day..so now I do 40% carbs a day which dont bother me at all..but I also lift heavy 3 times a week..

THIS! I have a couple of GREAT books on the Glycemic Index, without understanding it you can't have a true understanding of how carbs work and which carbs to cut and which carbs to keep!
  • wifeyplus6
    Options
    I couldn't lose weight on a low calorie diet. It had to be a low carb diet. i too have eaten a 700 calorie diet and couldn't lose a thing. This is a medical condition that is real and very different from regular people. Regular rules don't apply. It's as deadly as a heart condition.