Fit Bit

Options
Anyone own a Fit Bit? Looking for any feedback, so I can decide if its worth it to get one or not.

Replies

• Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit One and love it! It really helped me see what my true TDEE was. It also helps motivate you: if you are close to meeting a goal, it motivates you to walk a little more to meet it. I also like the sleep tracker on the One.
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    May I ask where do you keep it on your body? I read reviews of women putting them on their bras and things, however i saw people saying they ruined theirs from sweat...<---worried me a little being I feel like I sweat more now than I ever have.
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love it too.

Basically I have myself set up as sedentary on here, and the fitbit tops up calories whenever I move so I think I'm being reasonably accurate on calories expended versus calories eaten (I'm losing weight anyway).

I tend to just log my food on here and use the Fitbit website for everything else. The various badges and things you can get are pretty motivating too.
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I wear mine on my bra, facing inwards normally, facing out when I run (for comfort as less space in sports bra). The new Fitbits (One, Zip) are meant to be a lot more water (sweat) resistant than previous models.
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Its cool to start out with, but its more of an expensive pedometer. Get a HRM, its more accurate. I thought it was awesome for the first few weeks, but the novelty wears off
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I bought mine a couple of weeks ago, and it is okay. I think I was expecting something more than what it is. It's a great tool if you need/want motivation to move your body. I don't really need that. I wanted something a little "more", but I didn't want to buy a $300 HRM =)

So, I'm torn on it. I'm using it for now, but considering sending it back.
  • dlveck
    dlveck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had the fitbit one for about 2 weeks now. I love it because I can see the amount of energy that I expend everyday not just working out. I never really thought about how much effect my everyday "office walking" has on my calorie count. I wear mine facing inward on my bra right in my cleavage. The new fitbit one is designed to be "sweat resistant" Just remember to put it on the little charging cord at least once a week otherwise it will die like mine did today and it won't record your activities. *boo*
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and half way through the dry cycle I knew it was still in my pocket. I thought that’s a hundie down the drain but to my surprise it still works fine after a wash and dry lol
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Its cool to start out with, but its more of an expensive pedometer. Get a HRM, its more accurate. I thought it was awesome for the first few weeks, but the novelty wears off

Same here. I also got frustrated because the FitBit-MFP integration was unreliable.

I got a Polar FT4 from Amazon for like $60, and it does exactly what I want it to do.
  • Kristy528
    Kristy528 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned the Polar FT4 and I I was conflicted with that. One I wasn't sure does it show calorie burn or just HRM also i don't know i want a watch. I own many watches already and i work in an office and would prefer to have something on my arm dressier than a sports watch. I like with the Fit bit that it says it can synch with my fitness pal i thought that was a pretty cool feature. Thanks for the feed back thus far.
  • rfsatar
    rfsatar Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I have the Ultra and I got it for the combination of total cals burned in the day, logging activities although rowing, cycling swimming are useless for logging.
    I am getting a HRM for Christmas but will still use the fitbit outside of specific workout sessions - the sleep tracker was also pretty neat as I was sleeping horribly for a time and it has been good to see my pattern of (non) sleep
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    The HMR watches and the Fitbit are two different things almost like two different exercises, so I wouldn’t compare the two like they do the same thing. The Fitbit works great for everyday all day use for, steps, stairs climbed, distance, calories burned. My Fitbit Ultra needs to be charged once a week and if you read my earlier post, it's also water proof. =)

I plan to get a HRM watch someday to add to my gadgets.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Someone else mentioned the Polar FT4 and I I was conflicted with that. One I wasn't sure does it show calorie burn or just HRM also i don't know i want a watch. I own many watches already and i work in an office and would prefer to have something on my arm dressier than a sports watch. I like with the Fit bit that it says it can synch with my fitness pal i thought that was a pretty cool feature. Thanks for the feed back thus far.

I guess it depends on what you want it for. The FT4 is an HRM that shows calorie burn during exercise-specific activity, like walking or running, fitness DVDs, etc. It is not meant to be worn all-day.

The FitBit is a pedometer and is designed to be worn all day. If you want to track how much you walk throughout the day, the FitBit is great.

The problem I ran into was that the FitBit was not an accurate measure of how many calories I burn when working out, or even throughout the day. I have had much better success basing my calorie intake on a sedentary lifestyle, then logging my calories burned during exercise manually in MFP with the data from my FT4.

Hope this helps. :/
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Love mine and it got me to goal weight :)
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MY FIT BIT!!!! Best purchase I ever made!!!

There are so many things you can track with it - glucose levels, heart rate, blood pressure, body fat, sleep habits, and oh - it also tracks steps, floors climbed, distance walked, and calories burned.

I like that it sync's with MFP. It will even show a calendar with calories burned vs. calorie intake. That's the one I probably like the best.

The new ones sync with my i-phone.

I gave my old one to a co-worker, and she LOVES it too.
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    oh - I wear it on my bra during the day and the pocket of my nightshirt during the night.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I keep my fitbit ultra in that tiny pocket in my jeans but honestly i hate how it syncs with MFP nowadays...half the time it stays at 0 calories for the day since I turned off that negative entry. I'll still use it but I bought a polar ft60 to use instead
  • SH1969
    SH1969 Posts: 13
    Options
    I recently got a Zip in exchange for review. I'm happy with it, and it sits on the waist band of my trousers. It has a silicone case to protect it from sweat. Sometimes it is 2,000 steps out from my Fitbug, but that doesn't matter me, so long as both show 12,500+ steps a day, I'm happy. I use it to motivate me, as the website has leader tables/boards in which you can see your ranking among your friends. I need motivation like that.

I log my food here at MFP though as the database is so much more extensive.
  • LoriLou67
    LoriLou67 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit and an FT4. FitBit lives in my pocket for my day. I wear the HRM for working out. I stopped the sync feature with MFP because it ticked me off. I like FitBit for keeping me active thru my day, the HRM is WAY more accurate in caloric burn during a workout.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

There are so many things you can track with it - glucose levels, heart rate, blood pressure, body fat, sleep habits, and oh - it also tracks steps, floors climbed, distance walked, and calories burned.

Huh? How is yours tracking glucose, heart rate, blood pressure and body fat? Are you talking about measurements you're just manually entering on their site?