Canned Tuna - Need Suggestions

Options

Replies

• sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    bump! was looking for tuna ideas recently as well.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Use avacado instead of mayo-yummy-healthy change
  • tripodsmom
    tripodsmom Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    with whole wheat noodles and spagetti sauce simple and cheap lol
  • bekahisbomb
    Options
    Try turbo charged tuna! it has hummus and avacado (:
    Look up shrednation on youtube.. they have a lot of clean eating recipes that are super awesome!
  • ladytxn
    ladytxn Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Avocado instead of mayo.... yum!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any good recipes for canned tuna that don't involve mayo at all? Please share! It's so dry to eat on it's own!

Mix with a can of condensed mushroom soup and half a bag of potato chips. That's my husband's recipe.
  • midnight333
    Options
    Bump.
  • Flamenquero
    Options
    I throw it on top of salad. I only use white albacore tuna.
  • jenlouise4
    jenlouise4 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I mix it with low fat cottage cheese as a (sort of) replacement for mayo, as well as an even higher protein booster. then i like to have it in a big bowl with sweetcorn and cucumber- and it's so healthy!
    It's definitely one of my go to lunches and you can't fault it, being so low carb and high protein.
    Another favourite is splitting a red pepper, taking out the seeds and middle bit and stuffing the two halves with a tin of tuna. Then a little low fat cheese, shove it in the oven for a little and voila- a low carb tuna melt! Also, I'm sure you could mix some green veg with the tuna- I think somewhere in the recipe I found it suggested celery.
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump for later! All sounds wonderful...
  • Rubberchikken
    Rubberchikken Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The absolute BEST way to cut back the fat:

Tuna, 1/4 or less of the mayo you would usually use, fine diced red onion, fine diced dill pickle, then add pickle juice instead of the rest of the mayo.....It will get all creamy still, be more tangy and dill-icious, and it has no/low calories to add pickles and juice! Try it out and let me know!
  • LuluProteinFueled
    LuluProteinFueled Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I mix a tin of tuna with low fat cream cheese, cayenne pepper, chopped tomato and chopped cucumber then eat it on its own or put it in a wrap with cheese. :drinker:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    There are so many great ideas on here already! Here's how I make it:

One can solid white albacore tuna, drained
    4oz Fage nonfat Greek yogurt
    @1/4 cup each Red bell pepper and onion, fined chopped
    4Tbsp dill relish
  • skittles1928
    skittles1928 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    well i cut up tomatoe,onion,cucumber,Jalapeno,and lemon.. Mix it all together and salt to your taste and its sooooo good i swear ppl think its wierd but in mexico were my family is from we eat tuna like that its good take my word on it try it...:happy:

That sounds awesome.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I like to mash it with avocado :)
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    well i cut up tomatoe,onion,cucumber,Jalapeno,and lemon.. Mix it all together and salt to your taste and its sooooo good i swear ppl think its wierd but in mexico were my family is from we eat tuna like that its good take my word on it try it...:happy:

I work with a lovely hispanic woman who eats it this way quite a bit and she gave me a bite....super yummmmy!
  • dcdemocrat34
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, I actually use Greek Yogurt for anything I used to use sour cream for! LOVE!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I like to mix it with wasabi horseradish sauce -- it's a prepared sauce, usually stocked near the mustard in the grocery store. Lots of flavor, and it only has 10-15 calories per serving.

I like to put my wasabi tuna over a big pile of greens for a dinner salad. Diced avocado is a nice addition, too!
  • lauster21
    Options
    i enjoy it with a squeeze of lemon juice, and some salt and pepper :)
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    tuna
    chopped: kalamata olives, onions (optional), parsley, cucumber
    feta cheese
    lemon juice and a little olive oil