crazy important question!!!!!!!!

Options
is the "heel" of the loaf of bread the same calories as the slice in the middle?

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE! I NEED TO KNOW!

Replies

• YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Really?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Does it really matter? Is 10 or 20 calories going to make or break your day?
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Really?

YES REALLY!!!!!! *looks around*
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I want to know out of curiosity
  • AimersBee
    Options
    Does it really matter? Is 10 or 20 calories going to make or break your day?
    maybe... i'll know at the end of my day!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    its worth the most calories because it has the most crust.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Weigh it out..
  • AimersBee
    Options

what if it's half the size of a normal slice though?
  • PSDWilliams
    Options
    I think it would be. It just looks different because of the browning. But seriously, don't obsess over every crumb!
  • Greg3705
    Greg3705 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    if you have a scale weight both pieces. The serving size usually is given in grams too.
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Above poster looks confused by the questions.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    i don't have a scale........ i'm in trouble!
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Uh the crust of bread doesn't have more calories in it than the inside. It's just what got cooked up more, the edges....It's like saying the middle of a chicken breast is less calories than the end because the middle wasn't touching the pan...
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Ya weigh it or maybe just don't eat the ends if you are concerned. Remember the whole nutritional label in itself is not 100% accurate in every single slice because it is based off an average slice. So being super techincally detailed just isn't going to happen.
  • AimersBee
    Options
    you mean people actually eat those? I usually skip over them, except during sweet corn season as they're the best way to apply butter to the ears of corn

butterbread.png

hahaha people do that? that's awesome... i just use a fork........... I'M SO BEHIND TIMES! i used to hate the "heel" of the bread.. now i like it just as much :)
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Yes for the most part. Most end pieces I have weighed were about the same, within a few grams, as another slice. When I was a baker, we had an automatic slicer which sliced all the bread slices the same.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Well crap, now I gotta wonder if those loaves you get sometimes with air pockets (holes) have less calories and how to count them!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Get a kitchen scale and weigh it? most serving sizes are in grams... measure it if it weighs half the amount 1 serving does than its half the calories. Its not rocket surgery.
  • AimersBee
    Options

Get a kitchen scale and weigh it? most serving sizes are in grams... measure it if it weighs half the amount 1 serving does than its half the calories. Its not rocket surgery.

but what if the scale i get is wrong, should i get 2 scales just in case?