Not Losing Any Weight?!

Options
I have been stuck at no weightloss for the last 6-7 months. I'm 5" and 98-101 lbs. I used to eat anywhere from 600-1200 cals with a negative net for 4 months. Now I switched to eating 1200 ( my bmr) and my net is about 900-400 calories. Nothing, my weight hasn't budged. I usually eat very clean but recently I just have gotten depressed and feel like I'm doing all this work for nothing. My exercise is insanity plus hula hoping & pilates. I get 8+ hours of sleep, and I also haven't lost any inches.

Replies

• kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Probably because you are already classified as underweight? Your body needs more food to fuel itself and perform optimally.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck at no weightloss for the last 6-7 months. I'm 5" and 98-101 lbs. I used to eat anywhere from 600-1200 cals with a negative net for 4 months. Now I switched to eating 1200 ( my bmr) and my net is about 900-400 calories. Nothing, my weight hasn't budged. I usually eat very clean but recently I just have gotten depressed and feel like I'm doing all this work for nothing. My exercise is insanity plus hula hoping & pilates. I get 8+ hours of sleep, and I also haven't lost any inches.

This is because you are already at your ideal weight.

5 foot tall, 104lbs for a small frame is advised.

Why are you trying to lose more?

Go see your doctor.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Why do you think you need to lose weight?
  • catchmesmiling
    Options
    I still have alot of fat in my thighs, I could care less about the number. But I do need to lose alot more fat. & my body wont budge.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    As Di suggested I would suggest you visit a doctor. If your profile pic is you you are very slim already and I dont see any fat - you could always weight train and not do as much cardio. But I would recommend a visit to your doctor.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Probably because you are already classified as underweight? Your body needs more food to fuel itself and perform optimally.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    you need to start building muscles in your thighs, then. i'm 5'1.5" and 105 lbs and i'm trying to build muscle because muscle burns fat, and muscle jiggles less. i still want to lose 5 more lbs so i know where you're coming from, and am not judging you. squat, baby squat! also roller skating does wonders.
  • Smallz13
    Options
    maybe its not weight you need to loose, but trying to tone up a bit more? have you tried doing squats and lunges? we did them a lot of our physical training in the mc and my theighs were pretty built. mind you i maintained my weight but i toned.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I still have alot of fat in my thighs, I could care less about the number. But I do need to lose alot more fat. & my body wont budge.

If you don't have some fat on you, then you will experience hormonal problems, among other things. Get some counseling to learn to love your body.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    You really don't need to lose a lot more fat. Really. I would also recommend talking to a doctor about this.

If you want to change your body composition, perhaps look into strength training, especially with heavy weights.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You may have *some* fat, but not *a lot* of it.

Eat closer to maintenance if not just a little bit over and start doing some serious strength training. Insanity's all good for endurance training, but you need to build some muscle. I'd focus more on fat loss than strict weight loss at this point in your game.
  • catchmesmiling
    Options
    Should I just switch to more pilates than cardio? If I have a small calorie deficit will I continue to lose fat? Or will I maintain and just tone up? I'm realllly nervous to stop all this cardio...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

I honestly don't see any BUT if you feel you need to see a change what you're looking to do then is change your body composition. Start eating more, you need to NET more than 1200!! Make sure you're getting enough protein 80- 100 grams. And start lifting heavy weights.
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    really, did you just say your between 98-101 pounds. girl you don't need to lose anymore weight. i can see if you were overweight. but your not.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #01****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    For sure add weight training...heavy and slow..like a Chalean Extreme program you will probably see amazing results! Forget the number on the scale for sure, just add muscle...you may need to eat more though if your doing weight training.
  • catchmesmiling
    Options
    really, did you just say your between 98-101 pounds. girl you don't need to lose anymore weight. i can see if you were 200 lbs, and overweight. but your not. this is the reason why i hate when skinny *kitten* people who weight around 100 pounds want to lose more weight.

This is really rude, I'm sorry I'm not confident in my body & would like to continue to improve it. You also do not know what I have gone through & all the effort I put in. Its my body, If I would like to improve it, I should have the right to do so.
  • ellabymay
    Options
    i went throw the same thing keeping to my diet but nothing coming of . came of diet for a week as on holaday and when i came back i had not lost out but oney put on 2lbs back on me diet and its started to buge again lossed 7lbs sines . everyone gos throw these stages on diets keep at it it will happon again good luck x keep smiling : )
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Should I just switch to more pilates than cardio? If I have a small calorie deficit will I continue to lose fat? Or will I maintain and just tone up? I'm realllly nervous to stop all this cardio...

I'm thinking more pilates won't help your thighs. I'm 5'1" but I have a curvy shape so my goal is higher but I understand where you're coming from. I would suggest you try to NET your BMR ( if you do this and exercise you'll still be at a deficit from your TDEE) and up your protein macro to more than the MFP original suggestion. Then add some weights or body weight exercises instead of cardio. Like SQUATS they are great for the thighs and booty! or if you prefer to mix it up boot camp is amazing for toning arms abs and legs.
  • nicleed
    nicleed Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You don;t need to lose weight, but if you want to tone up go here http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/, fill in teh drop down menue to "lose fat, gain muscle" and eat what it tells you to, plus lift heavy.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I think bodies lock into a certain body weight that is healthy for that specific person. I think your body is trying to tell you something.