BEGGING for HELP I work out A LOT but clothes too small!

2»

Replies

• marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    if you could wear skinny jeans in the first place, you should be doing squats to build up some leg muscles!

chances are you were too small to begin with (and you were probably skinny fat) and now you're building musccle, and the fat will fall off eventually.
  • Buy bigger clothes.

Not the issue. I want to know WHY this is happening.
  • if you could wear skinny jeans in the first place, you should be doing squats to build up some leg muscles!

chances are you were too small to begin with (and you were probably skinny fat) and now you're building musccle, and the fat will fall off eventually.

Ah! This makes sense! That's what I was trying to say but didn't know how to word it. Is it possible that i will build muscle initially BEFORE I see fat loss?
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    If you were "frail looking" before, it is possible that you're just getting some muscle on, especially with all the vigorous exercising.

If it's your skinny jeans that are the problem, and you bought them when you were scrawny, then you might want to rethink your goals. I mean, if you want to put some meat on your bones, there will be meat. You won't fit into your clothes the same way.

Do you have some before + after photos we can look at? it's hard to say otherwise.

Also your height, weight, average daily caloric intake would be useful info.

I am 5'1", about 120, I am guessing as I hate scales, and I eat about 1500 a day. Too much?

If you really weigh 120, you could eat 2500 calories with all that exercise. But still, without seeing some photos I don't know what to tell you.
  • I'm not sure how accurate this is. My sister's ex boyfriend was a bit of a know it all, and told me the reason I had big thighs and a big butt was because of the type of exercise I do. Then I was mostly playing soccer - as you can imagine, it is like 90 minutes of short bursts of sprints, so high intensity for short bursts. Perhaps your MMA is a bit like that? (Honestly, I am just speculating, I really don't know for certain).

I think that women are supposed to do lower intensity for longer to avoid bulking up, if you get my drift, rather than short bursts of high intensity.

????????

I could be totally wrong, maybe another poster can clarify?

It is very possible! The exercise is centered around high intensity circuit training.

I just would be so disheartened to have to change the workout because I love it :/
  • If you were "frail looking" before, it is possible that you're just getting some muscle on, especially with all the vigorous exercising.

If it's your skinny jeans that are the problem, and you bought them when you were scrawny, then you might want to rethink your goals. I mean, if you want to put some meat on your bones, there will be meat. You won't fit into your clothes the same way.

Do you have some before + after photos we can look at? it's hard to say otherwise.

I am 5'1", about 120, I am guessing as I hate scales, and I eat about 1500 a day. Too much?

If you really weigh 120, you could eat 2500 calories with all that exercise. But still, without seeing some photos I don't know what to tell you.

I will gladly post photos!! My question is...how do I do that and can I embed them within this thread using iPhone web?? I am not privy to posts quite yet :P
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    If you were "frail looking" before, it is possible that you're just getting some muscle on, especially with all the vigorous exercising.

This....maybe you were just to skeleton like before.....
  • If you were "frail looking" before, it is possible that you're just getting some muscle on, especially with all the vigorous exercising.

I was unhealthy in that I was probably letting my body eat of itself. I wasn't not a skeleton, I feel that for my height I was probably a normal weight.

Silly newbie question...how can I post a photo within the thread?

I posted before and afters in my profile pictures. The first with my shirt off is before, about 9 months ago. The last two are now :( which is hard for me because I work out more than I ever have before
  • Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member

There's something you have to do with photobucket, I've never tried it.

You could also post them in your profile and make sure your privacy settings allow them to be seen.

There's something you have to do with photobucket, I've never tried it.

You could also post them in your profile and make sure your privacy settings allow them to be seen.

Ah yes! Good old photobucket. Ill give that a try
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    I think that women are supposed to do lower intensity for longer to avoid bulking up, if you get my drift, rather than short bursts of high intensity.

????????

I could be totally wrong, maybe another poster can clarify?
    this is one of those myths that won't die, lol
    no, women won't bulk up from intense exercise, don't worry!
    I have been lifting as heavy as I can for 2+ years and only gotten smaller

Tcherice, did you start this new program very recently? if so you may be retaining a little water in your muscles as your body adjusts -- it's temporary and will not get worse if that is all it is.
    And no 1500 calories is not too much for an active female. I am about your size and was able to lose weight netting 1600 for several months (eating more like 2000 to 2500 each day with exercise calories added in).

In any case looking at your photos, you looked great before and still look great now -- I wouldn't have known which was which without reading your post -- I had to check the post again to figure it out as they looked pretty much the same to me.

I say just give it a little time and stick with it.
  • JyllSan
    JyllSan Posts: 1 Member
    So, I know this way like two years ago, but if you could tell me how it work out in the end that would be GREAT. I'm going through the EXACT same thing, same pounds same hight, same everything except that instead of having a baby I had surgery. I want to know what the deal is, I just keep gaining and my pants are all too small, the ones that I hoped I'd fit into after working out and eating well. So..help?