Zumba Success?

Options
Looking at getting the zumba DVDs, wanted to know if anyone has had success just doing zumba, no crash diets or vegan diets. Before and after (during) pictured would be great.

Replies

• mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am at the beginning of my journey to a healthy lifestyle, so no pics yet. I started really watching what I eat and exercising in October. I got the Zumba xbox game in October and the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred at the beginning of November, and combined with eating and doing these I have lost 17 lbs. I really like the Zumba game, I want to try a live class because I heard they are way more fun. I don't know how the dvds are.
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have lost 21 lbs over about 5 months by reducing my calories (still eat basically the same general stuff, just less of it), and doing Zumba at my local rec center three days a week and Spinning three days a week. Zumba is a great, fun way to exercise, but it is pretty mild/moderate as far as getting your heart rate up. I think I really started losing inches and toning up when I started the Spinning classes. If you can, I would suggest going to class with others - lots of fun and motivation!
  • kathetakite
    kathetakite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started out at 230 lbs and Zumba is the only exercise I do on a regular basis. I started with the wii game then moved to classes and am now an instructor I am now 134lbs look much better zumbaing and have way more confidence then I ever have. I love Zumba because it is fun and you get a great calorie burn it is worth the investment
  • plaingirly
    Options
    I am just starting out and am doing 2 Zumba classes a week. Only started last week so have been to 4!

They are so much fun - I giggle all the way through! I feel more energetic, sleep better, and it is helping my confidence. Best thing I have ever joined!
  • emily_bird
    Options
    I've done it on and off. I lost 2 cm around my arms in one week. I also dropped a few kgs. It's a lot of fun and it does work. It's good for fitness .You should check out Zumba on Pinterest.

Good luck!
  • SassyClassyandALittleBadAssy
    Options
    I live at my Zumba studio! I go 6 days a week (yes, I'm that crazy), as well a Barre 2 days a week. When I first started going, I lost about 15 pounds in 3 months just doing zumba. Unfortunately she closed for 3 months to relocate, and just re-opened Nov 1st. Since then, I've lost 3.5 pounds, but gained a ton of muscle mass and lost a few inches combining zumba with barre (I didn't measure- sorry :frown: ) It's a completely addicting workout! Good luck!
  • grove1216
    grove1216 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome. I can burn 700 in an hour class (per my HR monitor) and it's really fun.
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 2 zumba toning classes a week since may! Also watching calories! I am down 46 pounds!! I LOVE Zumba!!!! I suggest finding a great instructer and a fun class!!! Good Luck!!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fun. I've incorporated a class into my exercise regime. Honestly, I've always thought of myself as a hideous dancer, so I shied away from it. Maybe I'm still not a great dancer, but I don't care anymore. In fact, I've decided to take a Jazz Dance class next term because I've enjoyed Zumba so much. Try it, you'll like it :)
  • tekeyla25
    Options
    Lost 45 lbs zumba exhilirate and dieting correctly. I got alittle burned out even switching from dvds there are 8 I think so I also did jillian michaels dvds but i have had great results with zumba!
  • Belliny
    Options
    one of my friends here dose zumba and she has lost almost 60 lbs in around 6 month.
  • mystikfairy61
    mystikfairy61 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I have been doing Zumba 45-65 mins at home 3-4 days a week and cutting calories and have lost 24 pounds since August. My current side by side is at 20 pounds lost and have since lost 4 more. It is fun and can be done at home with DVD for people who are shy and inhibited in a gym setting, like me!! I feel I can really let loose at home, be myself, gain flexibility, and lose weight all while having fun!!.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!