2»

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    she might also gain 5 kilo.

Aren't you a little ray of sunshine?

Just realistic!!

From what? lifting weights? Or increasing cals?

If it's from lifting weights I'll be short-lived water weight. She won't gain weight from increasing by 400cals a day... absolutely not 5kgs worth anyway.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have had AMAZING results with Jillian MIchael's workouts. I have been doing them religiously for an hour 4-5x a week for over a year, and if you are willing to put in the effort, you WILL get the results.

As a women, I really have no desire to bulk, and the heaviest weights I use during my workouts are 12's.

While I was in weight loss mode, I was eating about 1400 calories a day. I've noticed my muscle mass has slightly increased (more visible six pack) since switching to maintenance (2000 calories per day), which makes sense.

My advice is to keep doing what you're doing.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options

I agree though there is so much conflicting advise eat at TDEE - 10, 15, 20 , 25%, eat at BMR, don't eat below your BMR, Floow MFP eat cals back, not eat cals back. Yada Yada Yada. No wonder people are confused.

The constant badgering of people eating low cals is getting too much.

I wouldnt say conflicting advice really.
    what we normally have are people who are new and think 1200 is easy!
    so they eat 1200cals and workout 7 days a week plateau fail...deactivate.

Then you have the 1200 crowd thats doing it right!
    They set to 1200 and workout 3-5 days a week and eat back all or most of their calories and have sustained weight loss with minimal LBM issues.

The road map simply gives a static number to eat daily.
    It's simplified!

It does however take age, height, weight, body fat% and activity into account so its a little more accurate.

PS: We are sick of seeing the forums of the 1200cal peeps *****ing and moaning about how hard it is and how bad the results are.
    Thats why you feel they are being badgered!
    We know there is an easier softer way to dieting and simply suggest it....with passion....
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    As a women, I really have no desire to bulk, and the heaviest weights I use during my workouts are 12's.

LOL@ bulk... it takes a lot of hard work for a woman to get bulky.

But seriously, I'm glad you've had great results with JM workouts. Different strokes for different folks, what's important is the hardwork, health and happiness. And alliteration. :)
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

I agree though there is so much conflicting advise eat at TDEE - 10, 15, 20 , 25%, eat at BMR, don't eat below your BMR, Follow MFP eat cals back, not eat cals back. Yada Yada Yada. No wonder people are confused.

The OP actually asked a question. There has been no badgering on this thread. NONE.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I have had AMAZING results with Jillian MIchael's workouts. I have been doing them religiously for an hour 4-5x a week for over a year, and if you are willing to put in the effort, you WILL get the results.

While I was in weight loss mode, I was eating about 1400 calories a day. I've noticed my muscle mass has slightly increased (more visible six pack) since switching to maintenance (2000 calories per day), which makes sense.

Thank you for your reply :)
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

If you have a heavy mustache then you may have an issue bulking.
    You need testosterone for that!
    Or juice!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Thought I should also add that I spent about 6 months on 1240 cals and lots of cardio before I did this and was hungry, but okay- until I hit a 6 week plateau. The only thing worse than eating that little is eating that little and not losing for several weeks! Definitely befriend me if you decide to try it and want support!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I agree though there is so much conflicting advise eat at TDEE - 10, 15, 20 , 25%, eat at BMR, don't eat below your BMR, Follow MFP eat cals back, not eat cals back. Yada Yada Yada. No wonder people are confused.

Who pissed in your weetabix?
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options

Or maybe those who eat low calories are getting to be too much.
  • BeyondTrouble
    BeyondTrouble Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As you can tell, I'm new and have mostly been trolling the forums trying to gather the best way to go about this whole *waves hands around body* situation. First, I am 32yo - 5'5 and 217pounds. I tried before to do the whole 1200 calorie thing as MFP suggested,,, but it SUCKED and i stopped trying and then came back here a week or two later.
    I needed to up my calories to just under 1400 in order to feel I could stick with it and I have. It's my first week but I've also started the C25k (as most newbies do) because its helping me in providing direction and a hard but doable routine I can focus on. And you know what? I'm proud of myself! I might even do the 30DS next just for S's & G's!

For me, I need to find what I can DO for a long time - if my weight loss doesn't happen as fast as everyone else on here then so be it. I'm not going to beat myself up because I am doing a 1000 times more than I was last week.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Oh, and..

tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

LOL I love Y U NO!!!!
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

Does Wheetabix fit her macros....?
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Beyond Trouble - I lost fantastic on 1400 calories. I'm finding that I may have a faster metabolism than most, but I never went lower than that and am maintaining on the lower end of my BMI.

If you don't want to go to 1200, then don't. Sticking to what you know you can do is going to be better in the long run.
  • BeyondTrouble
    BeyondTrouble Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Roadster! Thanks for the tip & motivation :)
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Good one Sara :laugh:
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love that phrase, gave me a rare real laugh whilst reading the morning threads. Quality