New and Looking for Support

Options
I'm new to this site, recommended by my endocrinologist. I'm 35 years old, divorced mom of 2 boys, and have 125 pounds to lose. I'm hoping to find people who can help motivate me to stay on track and for support - especially during those times when food is just too irresistible. I'm also hoping to find others near me to walk with and help motivate me to get moving (I'm in a relationship with a wonderful man and am old-fashioned, so I'm looking for female friends).

Replies

• mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tanya (mdcjmom) And I have been on here for about 9 monthes. I have lost 54lbs to date. I also run a walking challenge every month for my fellow mfper's feel free to add me as a friend
  • DeborahBatewell
    DeborahBatewell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Debbie and would love to be friends. I've lost 94 lbs. so far since I joined in May 2012 with my Hubby.
  • hajir7
    hajir7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Debbie and would love to be friends. I've lost 94 lbs. so far since I joined in May 2012 with my Hubby.
    Greeating you Debbie, that is great loss in ashort time congrats:)
    I am Hajir, I would love to have more friends here, it make it easier to keep going:)
  • liasor
    liasor Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi faithfulheart!

I've been a member of this app for a while now but only really started using it last week. So far I've lost just over a kilo (~2lbs). I'm enrolled in Tanya's (mdcjmom) December challenge and really looking forwards to getting started tomorrow!

I too am always looking for friends, support and motivation!
  • VerucaSult
    VerucaSult Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making it here! Lots of awesome people to help you along!! I'm a divorced, single mom, 22 pounds into a battle to lose 90. I have made the most amazing friends on here. Good luck and most of all HAVE FUN! We didn't gain it over night, you can't lose it over night either. One day at a time. I'm female but not so old fashioned, I'm excitable, odd and random and some people don't like that. I talk to my pals daily so if you need extra support feel free to add.
  • losergeex56
    Options
    im new too

32540681.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lisabautista777
    Options
    I've lost 59 and have 80 to go. Can totally understand where you're coming from. You can definitely add me. :)