Has anyone ever tried Jack3d? I need some advice.

Options
I've found that I can't run without it, but it gives me some really odd after effects for the rest of the day. Like, I find it really hard to focus, and I can't recall things in my short term memory very easily, and I get really tired (not sleepy, just drained feeling) about halfway through the day.
Has anyone else used it? What do you think? If it did give you any odd after effects, did you find a way of diminishing them? I can't stop taking it, I tried to run without it yesterday and physically couldn't do it, I just don't want to feel so out of sorts all day long. Not sure what to do. I know the LOGICAL thing would be to stop drinking it, but running is more important to me.

Advice?

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I just go straight for the source of caffeine (coffee). Must in the morning and for both my cardio work out and my weight lifting work outs x2 a day. Saving a ton of cash and the energy is through the roof. :drinker:
  • DatNative21
    DatNative21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    i took it for lifting it worked really well but i got tolerant to it within a month of using it so i had to cycle off i had no odd effects with my experience using it
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I switched back to coffee, any pre workout supplement causes me to break out all over my face for 72 hours after I take it.
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Using caffeine or derivatives as such are pretty common before working out. I have not tired jack3d but my brother has and loved it. If you don't feel the benefits outweigh the side effects than surly back off...but using caffeine to simulate you pre work out is coming and it's ll I will do
  • reginamazing
    reginamazing Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    As far as the coffee, I can't drink it, it makes my stomach really upset :sad:
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    As far as the coffee, I can't drink it, it makes my stomach really upset :sad:

There are less acidic coffees or caffeine pills.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My brother had it......was taking it (still up in teh cabinet....) but yea, he was getting weird side-effects, throwing up, etc.....I was reading up on it, and it seems to be about as equivalent as a cup or 2 of coffee, or caffeine pill(s)........he "likes" it cause of the tingles it gives him after he takes it.....but I figured, it can't be good if it makes the body tingle.....can it? lol.....I'm tempted to try some....I have been taking the stacker2s.....typically half a bottle, pre-work out and have similar affect though, when I don't take the dose, just seems like I didn't push as much as i could have....kind of feeling.
  • mrsleanandfit
    Options
    Yeah I can vouch for Jack3D micro and the new Jack3D, been getting into lean shape with them running. There's some sort of special ingredient in it that helps with endurance forgot what its called though! I love to alternate but DON'T mix with coffee, such a bad idea (trust me I had the pleasure of mixing the two...).

For me coffee is great for mental tasks, but if you are into weight lifting and serious cardio, nothing beats jack3D at the right doses. I own a few tubs and lined up on my "workout corner", all the different flavors are there, its wonderful to wake up to it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I have some advice. Don't use Jack3d.
  • anil8er
    Options
    wow...my experience with jack3d was loss of concentration and my face and arms were itchy. I talked to some friends and they said they experienced the same. Now I take N.O. xplode by BSN for my preworkout, watermelon flavor is great! Way much better for me.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I actually used Jack3d tonight before my legs workout, and consumed Vein during. Absolutely DESTROYED it, and in record time.

I'm working on Alarm now because I got a killer deal on it along with the Vein at GNC.

But my results with Jack3d.. very good pretty much 100% of the time. It says to take 30-45 minutes before but I always did best with about a 20 minute advance. I started with one scoop, built up to two heaping as I gained some tolerance to it, then started Alarm on Sunday. Tonight was my first Jack3d since last Saturday, so it doesn't take long for the tolerance to go away.

Blah blah blah.. overall I say it's a great product, just always use within its recommended guidelines.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    wow...my experience with jack3d was loss of concentration and my face and arms were itchy. I talked to some friends and they said they experienced the same. Now I take N.O. xplode by BSN for my preworkout, watermelon flavor is great! Way much better for me.
    Don't really like those pre-workout things, but the tingling/itching is from beta-alanine, and is not anything to be worried about (beta-alanine is a worthwhile sup in and of itself, and if you dose it more slowly the tingling is minimal/nonexistent).

Most of the stuff in those pre-workout drinks isn't in large enough quantities to actually do anything, and many of the mix multiple stimulants, which causes a massive crash/withdrawal afterwards (probably why people are complaining about difficulty focusing, etc, which would be expected when experiencing withdrawal from stims).

I agree with everyone recommending coffee.

Edit: Have tried virtually all of them on the market at this point. None of them are worthwhile IMO. If you want massive stims, you can just buy pure 1,3DMAA (which is what most of the pre-workout drinks used before the FDA started cracking down and they switched to mixing multiple stims, which is super dangerous) by itself, and take or that plus caffeine (stimulants are very addictive, and not to be taken lightly, so do this at your own risk).