Alternate Day Fasting / Intermittent Fasting Buddies :)

Options
2»

Replies

• velvetred14
    velvetred14 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have just read the post, and I am struggling at the moment and your alternate fasting/intermittent fasting days seem very interesting and I think might just suit me. Especially as I could eat normally at weekends Please feel free to add me too :smile:
  • izzyooo
    izzyooo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Velvetered, take a look at the link posted above and see if you think it'll suit you. I find the main benefit for me is that I don't constantly feel like I'm being deprived of my favourite foods which is what has always made me cave in on previous "diets"
  • fatgrape
    fatgrape Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The Horizon programme got me interested as well - I'm still waiting to see an upsurge in my IQ mind.

I don't think I could do the 5:2 ratio though, but alternate's good for me, plus I eat weekends. I do try to eat nothing on fast days, but if I get hungry I'll have something light, and the same if I start to feel lethargic. Really works for me, although the first two weeks were a bit tough - especially when cooking (as it's a bit of a hobby) and not eating.
  • ooshlet
    ooshlet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i do 500 cals on mondays and wednesdays, and eat around 1400-1600 on all other days. i've found it really easy. i still manage a 45 minute body attack class on my "fasting" days as well as normal exercise on all other days. i've actually noticed that i seem to have more energy at the gym on fasting days.

i don't lose weight very easily but i seem to be losing just under a pound a week, which is fine considering i hardly notice i'm dieting!
  • izzyooo
    izzyooo Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i do 500 cals on mondays and wednesdays, and eat around 1400-1600 on all other days. i've found it really easy. i still manage a 45 minute body attack class on my "fasting" days as well as normal exercise on all other days. i've actually noticed that i seem to have more energy at the gym on fasting days.

i don't lose weight very easily but i seem to be losing just under a pound a week, which is fine considering i hardly notice i'm dieting!

I don't think I could manage next having a big calorie day! I need my 2300 to still eat all my favourite things and not feel like I'm suffering too much. I still need to keep track of it though, it's not a totally relaxed day because if it was I would probably go WAY over!