Replies

• JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • ashmorgstraws
    Options
    Congrats! I wish I could lose that quickly! :p
    Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate. ;)
  • s_bell2012
    Options
    Since you're averaging a loss of 5 lbs. per week, that means you are creating a caloric deficit of 17,500 calories per week. If your maintenance calories are 3,000 per day (21,000) per week that would only give you 500 calories per day to eat. Am I close? Or, are you exercising and burning thousands of calories per day?

No. Here is how Im doing it. (Im using the ELMM plan)

Week 1. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 2. eat 2500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 3. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 4. eat 2000 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 5. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 6. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 7. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 8. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 9. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.
    Week 10. eat 1500 calories a day and work out 3 days a week.

Workouts are 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes each and are treadmill or stationary bike. I shed between 600 and 900 calories at each workout. Im eating low fat, high protien, high fiber foods.

Listen mate I was in the exact same boat as you and had just under a 100lb to lose to get to my first target weight, I'm nearly there only 10lb to go, and at first the weight literally fell off me. I have lost on average just under 3lbs a week since mid April this year. At the start though i was losing around 4-5 lbs a week but it does slow down as you near your target weight but you know that anyway.

The programme you outline above is pretty much what I have followed as well. Exercise is the key and would always try and aim between the 600-900 burn as well. Good on you mate and stick at it
  • craigja
    Options
    Congratulations. I guess the haters will be after me as well then.

I've lost 66 pounds in just under 11 weeks. Now - I have/had a lot to lose. I was at 375 and want to get to 250. Pre-diabetic, high blood pressure, arthritis in my knees- basically a mess. My decision - which was on my own but my doctor was about to take over - was based on health. Is the rapid weight loss ideal and healthy? Probably not but it is MUCH better than the state I was in.

Love to say I've accomplished this on my own but I haven't. If I could have done that I wouldn't need to lose weight. I'm on a doctor monitored (every week) very low calorie diet (VLCD). I had a stress test and full blood workup day one. I see a doctor every week for weigh in and blood pressure and have full blood work and EKG each month - every 4th doctor visit. If you miss a doctor appointment they release you from the program. They don't mess round with people not ready for this. My doctor was very upfront witih me. His comment was this is not a diet or a lifestyle - it's a tool to get to a better place quickly so we can build a lifestyle change. He calls the powder drinks medicine. I'm on 1000 calories a day mostly made up of whey protein. I'm also losing body fat at a pace double+ any muscle loss. I'll drop to 800 calories at some point on the way to dropping 125 pounds. I should hit that next March (I started Sep 16th of this year). Even after that I'll go through a maintenance phase for a year learning how to prepare food etc...

I'm off my blood pressure medicine, I'm no longer pre-diabetic, I no longer take DAILY anti inflamitory pills for my knees and I'm no longer a spectator of my own life an that's in 11 weeks and half way. It's radical but it's what I needed. They key is what I did is much better for me than where I was and where I was headed.

All of us on here have different situations. To over simplify it you have people who want to lose weight, people who are obese and people who are morbidly obese and sick. I'm no doctor but I don't think you attack each category the same way. I needed something radical. I wasn't trying to lose that last 10 pounds for the high school reunion - I needed help.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Congrats but like... isn't losing that fast a tiny bit unhealthy for you?

I am under the care of Several folks and in a pre-diabetes class that meets weekly. Not one professinal has even suggested that eating less and working out is making me unhealthy. To the contrary.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    fantastic
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    AWESOME WORK!!! Keep at it! Be healthy, be safe and ignore the negativity! :)
  • amber1533
    amber1533 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wow WTG!! When I was in high school I was losing weight similar to that, (took me about 14 weeks to lose 57 lbs) I was on an eating plan that my doctor worked out for me. And exercising 5 times a week for 30 minutes.

Now that I have had a kid and my body has changed I don't expect to lose it like that again. But I know that the first few weeks I will (hopefully) have lost 10 lbs (which I know to be some water weight)

I don't see why you would lie as it doesn't really benefit anyone and especially ruins your credibility.
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started with 51lbs to lose - I wish it would be gone in only 10 weeks!!! Awesome keep it up! :)
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I guess the haters will be after me as well then.

I've lost 66 pounds in just under 11 weeks. Now - I have/had a lot to lose. I was at 375 and want to get to 250. Pre-diabetic, high blood pressure, arthritis in my knees- basically a mess. My decision - which was on my own but my doctor was about to take over - was based on health. Is the rapid weight loss ideal and healthy? Probably not but it is MUCH better than the state I was in.

Love to say I've accomplished this on my own but I haven't. If I could have done that I wouldn't need to lose weight. I'm on a doctor monitored (every week) very low calorie diet (VLCD). I had a stress test and full blood workup day one. I see a doctor every week for weigh in and blood pressure and have full blood work and EKG each month - every 4th doctor visit. If you miss a doctor appointment they release you from the program. They don't mess round with people not ready for this. My doctor was very upfront witih me. His comment was this is not a diet or a lifestyle - it's a tool to get to a better place quickly so we can build a lifestyle change. He calls the powder drinks medicine. I'm on 1000 calories a day mostly made up of whey protein. I'm also losing body fat at a pace double+ any muscle loss. I'll drop to 800 calories at some point on the way to dropping 125 pounds. I should hit that next March (I started Sep 16th of this year). Even after that I'll go through a maintenance phase for a year learning how to prepare food etc...

I'm off my blood pressure medicine, I'm no longer pre-diabetic, I no longer take DAILY anti inflamitory pills for my knees and I'm no longer a spectator of my own life an that's in 11 weeks and half way. It's radical but it's what I needed. They key is what I did is much better for me than where I was and where I was headed.

All of us on here have different situations. To over simplify it you have people who want to lose weight, people who are obese and people who are morbidly obese and sick. I'm no doctor but I don't think you attack each category the same way. I needed something radical. I wasn't trying to lose that last 10 pounds for the high school reunion - I needed help.

I am so glad that you are getting the help that you need. 66 pounds is fantastic. And just because you are doing this under that strict supervision does not mean that it is easy. I personally hate those dang whey protein shakes. Keep it up. :wink:
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    I started with 51lbs to lose - I wish it would be gone in only 10 weeks!!! Awesome keep it up! :)

When you have a lot ot lose (like I do) its different than 51 pounds for a person who only needs to lose 51 pounds. This loss was just 14% of my excess weight, yours would be 100% of your excess weight in 10 weeks.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to the haters. It's amazing that you have lost that much weight in this much time. Congrats! People will hate because they are jealous or whatever. As long as youre being honest to yourself, it doesn't matter. Be proud!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Not hating, that's an awesome loss, but I'm wondering how this ELMM plan works when you reach your goal weight? You are reducing your calories as time goes on - basically a sensible diet in reverse... so when you get to your goal weight, what? You are stuck on 1200 calories a day for the rest of your life or you'll balloon up? I don't get it.
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    Not hating, that's an awesome loss, but I'm wondering how this ELMM plan works when you reach your goal weight? You are reducing your calories as time goes on - basically a sensible diet in reverse... so when you get to your goal weight, what? You are stuck on 1200 calories a day for the rest of your life or you'll balloon up? I don't get it.
    I will find a workout and calorie limit that allows me to maintain (whatever that turns out to be) Maybe I will reduce the number of day I work out and increase the calorie intake a bit until I find the perfect balance to mantain a goal weight.

P.S. ELMM means Eat Less Move More.
  • imwithgizmo
    imwithgizmo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you that you are losing. My concern would be that the rate of loss is so fast over so many weeks. Of course, I do not know your circumstances, and you may be under a doctor's supervision, or something like that. So, good luck on your journey!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Lucky. 6 months on MFP and even longer before joining. 23 lbs down. Sucks dealing with thyroid and other health problems.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    pics or it didn't happen.
  • thebowhunter
    Options

Oh I have pics. Lots of pics. So it happened. :bigsmile:
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! Good job :)
  • martincrca
    Options

TARDIS ftw!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!