4'11 - 5'2 ladies?

Options

Replies

• squigglypuff
    squigglypuff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! i'm 4'11 and almost 24 years old. my highest weight was 148lbs and my lowest recent weight was 115lbs. every time i hit 115lbs i have some sort of crisis and immediately gain back at least 10lbs! it happened in april, my dog died and then i went on an eating spree and quit logging. then last month hurricane sandy flooded my house, destroyed my neighborhood, and left me without heat or hot water for about two weeks -- i gained 12lbs in 13 days from eating processed food and being unable to exercise (too dangerous outside, no room inside).

my original goal weight was 115 but considering every time i hit that number, something awful happens and i start gaining again, who knows! right now i'm size 4-6 depending on the clothing but i still feel a little chubby. i think 110 would be perfect for me and i hope to one day find out!

i know i may not have had as much to lose as some of you ladies, but i can certainly say that LOGGING EVERYTHING IS ABSOLUTELY KEY for my weight loss. i am a mindless snacker and i eat all day, so if i don't record every morsel of food, i tend to overeat and then gain.

good luck to everyone. feel free to add me (but please send a message if you do!)

:)
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

I am 4'11, some days 5'0 when I'm over confident and I weight 208 pounds. According to my height and weight I am morbidly obese and should weight between 115 and 125 lbs. the last time that I was 130, I was 20 and it was right before I became pregnant with my son. I am 30 now. I would like to lose around 80 pounds or at least be in a size 8, I see and hear weight loss stories of women who lose 50 pounds or more but they are all 5'5 and up. 200 pounds on a five foot tall woman looks COMPLETELY different on a woman who is 5'7..and so does the weight loss. Here are my measurements as of last sat, waist: 43, hips: 50.5 and legs: 27.5 I would love to hear from you ladies who are my height or close to it who are going on this journey of weight loss OR have a success story to share. If you have pics and measurements that you feel comfortable sharing thats great! I really need the motivation and to know that I am not alone. If you are this height, what are/were your goals? Thanks in advance ladies!

I am 5' 1/2" and I currently weigh 151. My goal is to be at 130 and back in my size 7 jeans. Any shorty :smile: can add me so we can all stick together. :flowerforyou:
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am also 4'11.
    Age 32
    Mother of twin 12 year old girls and a 10 month old son.
    Highest weight: approx 300
    Lowest weight: 125
    Current weight: 147

Working on getting to 130. Once I'm at 130 I will continue to work towards another goal.

I just want to feel healthy again.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years old 5'2 and 165 pounds. When I started this journey I was 224 pounds. My goal weight is 125 pounds!

Feel free to add me as a friend or anyone else as well! =)
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    5" even and trying to get to 148lbs and then decide how much more I need to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend. ;o)
  • plaingirly
    Options
    Loving all the short support!

I am 5'2 - but I quite like my height, I used to want to be taller but now I am happy to be short.

Add me - lets keep each other motivated!
  • alschultz33
    alschultz33 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I'm 5'2 and weight around 142 right now. My highest weight was around 180. My goal is around 125.

And yes, I get bummed out sometimes when I see girls who are 5 inches taller than me and weight the exact same weight and they have perfectly flat little tummies. It can be quite discouraging, but I believe we all go through the same type of struggle no matter how tall we are. I like being short and petite and wouldn't change it for anything. I'll love it even more when I reach my goal weight :)
  • thingeringer
    thingeringer Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and in my 50s. Have lost 35 of my 50 pound goal. Am aiming for 125. Good luck!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm short, too! I've always been overweight. I remember the day I realized I was the fat kid. In high school I went from 196 to 152, and I was SO proud of that. The more socially involved I became, the weight started coming back. By the time I graduated high school and started college, I was back up to 165, then 175 when I got married. After two children, not trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, and just plain laziness, I was up to 236. I ask myself constantly how I could ever have let that happen!

My husband (USAF) deployed to Iraq for six months November 2010-June 2011 and I lost thirty pounds. Then he got back and slowly I gained back most of it. I am back on track now. I SWEAR this is the LAST time I am starting over. I will get all the way to the end this time. I'm not giving up again.

I'm currently 219, and my current goal is 150. I know 150 is acheivable, and I think I'll just reassess once I get there. I workout at least 3 times a week at the gym and an additional two days at home and I'm at 1200 calories per day. If I workout, I do eat SOME calories back, but not all of them.

Please feel free to add me! :)
  • hp1117
    Options
    Fellow shorty here!

I'm 5'0 and reached my highest weight a few weeks ago of 217, a little over a year ago I was at 209. I didn't want that scale to keep creeping up on me. I have always been very overweight and would lose and then re-gain. I'm 27 and not getting any younger and it's only gonna get harder for me to lose! I'm hoping to get down to at least 150. I know BMI will say I'm still highly overweight/obese but I'm not overly concerned with that measurement. With working out I know I'll have muscle mass which will make me "scale heavier" but have lower body fat. I like having curves and don't want to get too small. I would love to hit a goal size of 6/8. I can always readjust my goals the closer I get.

Feel free to add me! :-)
  • littlebutcurvy
    Options
    4ft 11 xx
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and when I started in July, I weighed 160. Since then I've lost 22 pounds, right now my goal is 130, I just started weight training though so we'll see if my goal weight changes at all once I start to get a bit more tone. I'm not going by what the so called right charts are cause I know when I'm 115-I have no curves at all and I hate it (and so would my boyfriend :laugh: ) So once I get to 130, we'll see how I feel and go from there.

Feel free to send me a friend request, you can see my latest picture as my profile picture that I took last night but all I ask is that you include a message in the request :bigsmile:
  • Mneiswonger
    Mneiswonger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 27 yrs. I started MFP last January after not losing any baby weight after my son was born (it seemed to just fly off after my daughter!). I started at 163 and after a few months was down to 145. In the late spring my father in law passed and it was a terrible time for my family and all I did was stress eat and quit working out. Got on the scales for the 1st time in months (after my pants no longer could even zip...) and I was back to 163 again. How frustrating. So I started last week all over again! My 1st goal is 130 and then I will go from there. I was very fit in high school and never went below 113 because I have always been very muscular. If I could get there again that would be great!
  • annajenine
    Options
    Im 5'2 and always had a problem with my weight. It just seemed like it was enough for me to just look at food to gain weight lol And yes like my fellow shorties have stated before weight gain/ loss shows immediatly on short people.
    My highest weight was 167 lbs and started MFP with 163. My goal weight is 130 lbs since I have a relative large frame with alot of muscles and nice curves :) I am super determined to hit my goal.
    I am relative new here and dont have any friends yet. So feel free to add me. I would love the support and dish out some :)
  • I am currently 5'0 and weigh 157lbs. My ultimate goal would be 135lbs and then see what I can loose from there. I started in Feb 8 2012 and have currently lost 53lbs. I've hit a wall and am looking for some encouragement. Feel free to add me if you guys would like! Gen
  • knucklescasey
    Options
    Hello Ladies.. Im 4'11 and i currently weigh 161. I am 20 years old. I have two boys that are 3 and 10 months. After having two c-sections and a belly pouch and Im ready to be around 120-125.. A few pounds on my makes a big difference.. feel free to add me ... id really like the support as well.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", and I've lost 40lbs since February. You are right- 40lbs shows dramatically on a body in our height range.

You can do this!! Add me if you like!
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm five foot and started at 206- I'm not making much progress but trying to make small changes! Feel free to add me!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow tiny but mighty ladies =)

I'm 5'1" and started at just over 140 pounds, which was a size 8 for me

I've since lost about 30 pounds. I'm maintaining my goal weight right now at 110 pounds. I feel comfortable here, and it's easy to maintain, so I'm just working on fitness goals and lowering my body fat percentage.

Starting measurements:

36-33-41 (approximately .... trying to remember from weight watchers)

My current measurements:

33-23.5-36 (I'm mostly booty lol)

This was mostly accomplished by doing cardio and ballet workouts at first. Now I've moved on to free weights and endurance cycling. Basically, just sticking to things I found entertaining is what worked for me.

You can do anything you set your mind to!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Checking in at five foot one and 1/2!

Top weight: 290 - SUPER morbid by BMI standards.
    Joined MFP: 276 - Still super morbid..
    Current: 242.8 - Merely morbid.. :wink:
    Goal: 135 - I really DON'T CARE it would still classify me at "overweight"!

Shee - the Nutrition and Food Web Archive states a small-framed woman of five foot one should weigh 95 pounds! In your dreams, Jean! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!