Fitbit is a RIP OFF

Options
13»

Replies

• Meggeler
    Meggeler Posts: 42
    Options
    Manual? Those just confuse ya'. It is pretty simple to set up. Mine has been going about 3 mons, I love it!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an ID-10-T error to me. The only way to fix it is to put it back in the box and return it.

That doesn't actually fix the problem though. Wish I could send people back to manufacturer
  • Amandajp79
    Amandajp79 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I will just call them today. The software is not downloading. Probably my fault/problem as everyone LOVES their fitbit. I just get very frustrated when something will be so simple and ends up taking a long time to figure it out. Which I still haven't but will today. :ohwell:
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Mine took 3 attempts to download the software when I initially got it. I just restarted the process and it got a little bit further each time and was set up in just a few minutes. Try from the start page again a couple of times before ringing customer services and it may be the same for you. It could just be a firewall thing or something it has to work past but mine has worked perfectly since.

Once you have your account set up there's nothing that you'd need a manual for as it's very straightforward.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you haven't completely given up since the fitbit is soooooooooooooo worth it.
  • LivingHealthyLovingLife
    Options
    I didn't Find it difficult at all. Best money ever spent!
  • marcf2001
    marcf2001 Posts: 110
    Options
    I love mine too.
    It didn't sync up on first try, but I followed the instructions and it was done in 2 mn.
    I contacted their support a few times for questions/ clarifications and they always answered within a day.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options

I had no issues setting up mine. I haven't needed them, but I have heard that fitbit's customer service is amazing.

Customer service is pretty marvelous. My base died and after walking through the process of trying to reset and rehab it - they sent me a brand new one very quickly.
    Nice people, easy to work with.
    No issues whatsoever.

That's good to know, because one of our bases died last week & I need to try & get it fixed.
  • msblanc
    msblanc Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have been having mine for 3 months. Returned the bodybuggsp to get fitbit. I love my fitbit and I also wore both for about 3 days to compare. There was a little difference in numbers but not enough to make it a big deal. Again, easy and virtually maintenance free. Love my fitbit..
  • Freebird63
    Options
    I bought the fitbit scales yesterday and am about to take it back - I go to the website and follow the "easy" steps but it just won't connect. I even called one of my teenage son's techno-geek friend and had him try it. The help section on the website just keeps repeating the same steps and there doesn't seem to be a helpline for people to call. It did say - Can't connect? click on here to email help team and when I clicked it, it said I wasn't connected so couldn't put me through. My wireless network is working and the only reason it kept giving for failure to connect was that I hadn't "registered the device" with fitbit. Where/how do I do that!! On the bright side - I think I must have burned several calories ib frustration!!
  • rosieg1979
    rosieg1979 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? I've read that some people find it easier to set up using that, rather than your main computer.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? I've read that some people find it easier to set up using that, rather than your main computer.
    It will need to be a Fitbitbonevor Zip and N iPhone 4S or 5 or ipad 3 for this.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I bought the fitbit scales yesterday and am about to take it back - I go to the website and follow the "easy" steps but it just won't connect. I even called one of my teenage son's techno-geek friend and had him try it. The help section on the website just keeps repeating the same steps and there doesn't seem to be a helpline for people to call. It did say - Can't connect? click on here to email help team and when I clicked it, it said I wasn't connected so couldn't put me through. My wireless network is working and the only reason it kept giving for failure to connect was that I hadn't "registered the device" with fitbit. Where/how do I do that!! On the bright side - I think I must have burned several calories ib frustration!!

Have you been to this page? http://www.fitbit.com/scale/setup/start
  • stefwi2000
    stefwi2000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just got my 'fitbit' today. It doesn't even come with start up instructions. Buyer beware. I NEVER would have purchased this item if I would have know the difficultly in set up and maintenance. Ughh what a disappointment.... I have tried the website multiple times to no avail. Really is so disappointing when you only want to succeed but keep getting shut down. WASTE.

I have owned my Fitbit since July of this year and I also have the scale that works with it. I have have ABSOLUTELY NO problems with mine. It is very simple to set up. If you have any questions feel free to email me or friend me and I will walk you through it step by step.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since April, and it was very easy to install, but it has a terrible time updating the data with my Macbook and I have to restart the computer everyday for it to work right, but when I had my PC before it got stolen it worked beautifully. Now if I could only get the belt clips to stop breaking!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    took me maybe 5 - 10 minutes to get mine hooked up and I wont' be without it. Have had it since August with NO issues
  • 1julietax
    1julietax Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, can someone tell me what this fitbit is?
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I just purchased my Fitbit One on Wednesday. Go to fitbit.com, download the appropriate software for your computer and it walks you right thorught the setup, update and syncing of your data.
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Yours didn't come with a manual? You should call them. Their number is in the yellow pages.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Took me about 10 minutes to set mine up and I love it....will not leave home without it, lol. No manual came with mine but the set up steps that came with it were very simple. I wish you the best with yours and hope you get the kinks worked out because you really will enjoy having it:smile: