Dumbest fitness related thing your S/O has said

Options

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I can't recall a single bad/uninformed thing my gf has said relating to fitness or weight loss.

Hilarious! Absolutely hilarious!
    The one person on this thread whose diplomacy is likely to save them from serious trouble.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I can't recall a single bad/uninformed thing my gf has said relating to fitness or weight loss.

Hilarious! Absolutely hilarious!
    The one person on this thread whose diplomacy is likely to save them from serious trouble.
    haha
    He knows how moronic I found the statement. I was more than happy to tell him.
    "you're a smart man sweetie, but that is the dumbest thing you've ever said"
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Here is taunto's solution to all these

Just break up

(or maybe its somebody's elses solution on MFP. hmm)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The gap is a mystical and for many women unrealistic body goal in which one's thighs do not touch.

If you have the correct body type, you can have one. If you don't, you would have to lose more weight than is healthy to get one.

My BF used to constantly tell me that if I wanted to lose weight, all I had to do was pushups and situps.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I love lifting and my husband repeatedly tells me he loves my back. When the Patreaus thing hit, he actually commented that his side dish looked "manish". WTF? She looks like a hot piece of *kitten* to me (except in that one awkward photo they keep showing).

I was logging the last of my food to see if I could afford a liquid dessert, and he's reading this "Good Fats Bad Fats" book and says, "do you count calories? You should read this, it says you shouldn't do that". Mind you in the more than a year on here, I've lost 4 sizes and stayed down (in size, my weight has gone up which means my muscles are hot and my fat is leaving). In that time he's gained 20 pounds. Glad to have him tell me what I should do to get fit.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Mine said that lifting would make my bulk like a man...
    I ignored him.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    My S/O believe that it's better to do light weight/more reps because it "tones" you...

Also he believes in "cleanses"...I told him your body cleanses itself naturally, but he feels that all the stuff that you don't need stays in you until you cleanse it out...
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    yesterday when i told my mom i lost 4 lbs in 2wk she said " well it can take awhile" :noway:
    hahaha, that's an awesome! very fast :)
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    The gap is a mystical and for many women unrealistic body goal in which one's thighs do not touch.

If you have the correct body type, you can have one. If you don't, you would have to lose more weight than is healthy to get one.

tumblr_m6s4b9PfFr1rvupgto1_500.gif
  • rynzi
    rynzi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    "I can't lose weight." (about himself.)

...ya I'm sure sitting around on the computer all day and eating out all the time has NOTHING to do with that. >.>
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    "I'm not over weight, there fore I'm not unhealthy"

He changed his mind on that when his pants got snug but I still hate that. Or just the whole "Technically I'm underweight" since he's 6'3" tall. Health isn't about the number on the scale!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Did he really say that? Oh my gosh. My husband doesn't say too many fitness related things, but he does a lot of crunches and I am like, "ehrm...that will not take the gut away"
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    "A girl at work brought me in a 'sample' of this shake to try; it's really tasty!"

I say "Oh, that was nice. Does she sell it or what?"

"Yeah, it's sort of expensive. She does some 'beachbody thing'."

Me: "Ummm, why not just eat right?"

***blank stare***

/Agreed!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Mine .... "You're going to get bulky and look like a man. That's gross."

And my other fav: "I deep fried it in canola oil because that's healthier"
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Man, I feel lucky haha. My guy and I have learned together, so mostly we just make fun of the people who say dumb **** together. It helps us stay sane.

The stupidest workout comment I've gotten (NOT from my guy) was from a trainer at my gym of all people. First he corrected my form on my rows (which I will admit was appreciated), but then in the same breath he told me I should be using lighter weights... even though part of the problem with my form was that because the weight I was using was too light, I wasn't having to use the correct muscles because it was too easy!! Gotta love guys who assume that because I own a vagina, I should never use more than a 10 lb dumbbell. Oy.
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    when I first started out I lost 9 pounds in one month.

The doctor that was filling in for my normal doctor on vacation told me that perhaps I should eat less to lose more. Really?!
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "You don't need protein"
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    My ex used to say "Fat makes you fat"
    I about slapped him every time. hahaha.
  • fernandesg
    fernandesg Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Oh where to start.......:laugh:

I think the best one was more food-related than fitness, but my loving husband expressed his concern for my diet pop "addiction". I drink only caffeine-free diet pop (caffeine contributes to my anxiety issues), so yes, I tend to have an extra small bottle of caffeine-free diet pepsi in my car - on the rare times that I actually see it in a convenience store I usually buy 2, one for now, one for later. I don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, and have to avoid caffeine - regardless of how people may feel about artificial sweeteners, I have chosen them as my "vice", so there :tongue:

Now the funny part is that he usually says this as he has a container of cookie dough ice cream in his lap and a big spoon in his hand, after playing WoW for 3 hours and smoking a half-pack a day :huh:

But I do love him so.... :laugh: :love:
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I've been really lucky in that he hasn't said much of anything.

I do remember being really annoyed, though, when he said that "counting calories at all is like an eating disorder." Thankfully, that attitude didn't last long, but it was pretty upsetting to me when he said it.