Which Turkey Bacon

Options
Hi tried my first turkey bacon this past week was Oscar Mayer brand and didn't like it at all so was wondering which you liked.
Thanks
RaNaeLuvsLuzn

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Why deprive yourself of the real stuff? Everything in moderation is ok!!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Bacon is made from Pig, not Turkey.
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I am not ready for real bacon it is a binge food for me I just don't want to test myself with that yet but generally I don't deny or deprive anything I just log but I just can't do real bacon in the house yet.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    try the jennie o turkey bacon, its pretty good

P.S. Don't tell anyone I like turkey bacon
  • SteveCro
    SteveCro Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I have to find out from the wife but I hated turkey bacon in the past. It was like a strip of cardboard. She uses some brand and it is actually pretty good. We also use turkey sausage and mix our hamburger with 1/2 turkey burger.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I eat Butterball Bacon style turkey. I get the reduced sodium if they have it in the store I'm at. I actually prefer it over real bacon. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE bacon..I cook it super crispy and its yummy! Im actually having 2 slices on my breakfast mini bagel today!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Butterball is freaking the best man, Jenni-o comes in 2nd for me, but if you have an Aldi, stay away from the fit and active brand, bleh
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    be careful of nitrates...whatever brand you choose, try to avoid them

that said, I use Wellshire Farms Turkey Bacon, usually found in Trader Joes or Whole Foods....
  • EweCreekCottage
    EweCreekCottage Posts: 324 Member
    Options

Ok I won't lol

Well Jennie o is next then The Butterball
    I eat Butterball Bacon style turkey. I get the reduced sodium if they have it in the store I'm at. I actually prefer it over real bacon. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE bacon..I cook it super crispy and its yummy! Im actually having 2 slices on my breakfast mini bagel today!

I love crispy part of the bacon I think that is what I hated about the oscar mayer it was like chewing rubber
    Butterball is freaking the best man, Jenni-o comes in 2nd for me, but if you have an Aldi, stay away from the fit and active brand, bleh
    Thanks for the neg tip on the Aldi will stay away most deffinitly

that said, I use Wellshire Farms Turkey Bacon, usually found in Trader Joes or Whole Foods....

Oh I forgot about the nitrates hmm well Trader Joes and Whole Foods are both like over an hour away from me I'll just have to read labels now thanks for the reminder I appreciate it

Y"ALL Rock
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Hi tried my first turkey bacon this past week was Oscar Mayer brand and didn't like it at all so was wondering which you liked.
    Thanks
    RaNaeLuvsLuzn

None. There is no reason not to have REAL bacon. Turkey bacon is far more processed and it is frankly disgusting.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Yup, also avoid green leafy veggies due to evil nitrates
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    RaNaeLuvsLuzn

The kind of bacon made from pigs.

Bacon_e8e18e_1408517.jpg
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I get the lower sodium butterball.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Hi tried my first turkey bacon this past week was Oscar Mayer brand and didn't like it at all ...

this is because turkeys are unable to create bacon. true story. I'd just make room for the real thing.
  • penguinjlynn
    penguinjlynn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love turkey bacon and regular bacon. I rarely eat either but when I do have turkey bacon I buy butterball low sodium.
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I love the Jenny O one :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Wish I could help, but I always buy the Oscar Meyer turkey bacon with sea salt. I haven't tried any other brands because I'm satisfied. I have had other meats from Jenny -O and was always pleased. I'd give them a try :wink:
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    try the jennie o turkey bacon, its pretty good

This. It's AWESOME. i actually prefer it to real bacon :flowerforyou:
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Me and the hubs like turkey bacon and are Ok with the Butterball kind.... I will buy it if i have a coupon and typically get the Butterball and Jennie O coupons in the Sunday paper.