I'm stuck!

Options
I am stuck on one number. Been on the same number now for 2 weeks. I am feeling and seeing results in how my clothes are fitting but the numbers just don't match. I have not been exercising like I should due to having an upper respiratory infection where I couldn't breath to do real exercise but not been just sitting on my big butt either. I've been making sure I get up and sweep the floor or other house cleaning stuff and plus I work where I don't sit most of the day and usually get a pretty good work out while holding dogs and cats for the vets to examine or whatever. I guess I'm just getting a little discouraged because even tho I see the results in my clothes I don't see it on the scale. :frown:
So maybe I just need more encouragements or even more help in getting ideas for work outs I can do without dying from not being able to breath. I don't know. I know the number will probably start to show eventually but I think I just needed to put it out there or just tell someone how I'm feeling. Thanks for letting me vent. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Keep on keepin' on.............
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way right now. Six pounds down, and I don't seem to be budging. Like you, I've also been slacking on the exercise. Just three days, though. It's been drizzly here, which makes my RA flare up so it's hard to get moving in the mornings and I'm worn out by the time I get home from work. Looking forward to the weekend when I've got more time to warm up and get back to exercising!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself, chart your body fat. You want to look better right? Go off how you look, unless youre a boxer and or are trying to fit into a weight class for a sporting event.

flaming-recon-recon-armor-stuck-spartan-halo-3-demotivational-poster-1229396561.jpg
  • benjamin1226
    Options
    Reduce some of your carbohydrate intake and increase your proteins and fats to reach your caloric goal. Perhaps you are not weighing your foods correctly. Good luck =)
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Dont weigh yourself, chart your body fat. You want to look better right? Go off how you look, unless youre a boxer and or are trying to fit into a weight class for a sporting event.

^Solid gold advice!
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    Hand to God, I've been stuck between the same 4 pounds for 2 1/2 months. My inches keep going down slowly, and I can nearly fit in a size less now, but that darned scale and I have a battle every single time I step on. Don't be too discouraged-I know personally how much that number on the scale means, but as long as my overall body fat % is going down, I try to stay positive. Besides, you'd rather have more weight and be toned than less way and no tightness :bigsmile:
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Can't see your diary, but I'm betting its something with your food and not your lack of exercise.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    "I am feeling and seeing results in how my clothes are fitting but the numbers just don't match."

Don't give up! Just keep eating clean, whole foods and workout out and you'll get there. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was your body. Please stay focused! :)

On a side note:
    What's the big issue about numbers anyway? Two women who weigh 120lbs are going to be completely different in body shape anyway. Tony Horton: "To hell with the scale, the tape measure, waist lines, the mirror, calories burned, calories consumed and dress sizes". Just make sure you are GETTING to your goal in the long term. It is because of YEARS of not exercising and bad eating that most of us are on here and yet we expect results in a few weeks of months. It doesn't work that way.

If you spent 1 year not eating right then expect 1 year to get back on track.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If your clothes fit and you feel better, two weeks at the same weight is no big deal. My body can fluctuate 5 lbs +/- in the space of a few days.
  • finbar123
    Options
    Have a look at 5.2 Alternative day diet, it's apparantly really good for you. Google Horizon alternative day diet, and look up some blogs on it. Basically twice a week you just have 500 calories. loads of people seem to find this good, i started it Monday and have lost 3lb in 4 days! i'm looking forward to the weekend so i can eat what i like!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    you just joined in October meaning you've been using this for about 2 months max - you've lost water weight. You need to work your *kitten* off and not allow yourself to plateau. Change your food, the more greens the better, and change your workout.
    Good luck!
  • Danyell1205
    Danyell1205 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was am in the same boat! I decided NOT to get on the scale as often as I was. My clothes are loose so that is a sign that I am doing something right!

FORGET NUMBERS! IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE LOOSING INCHES, THEN GO WITH IT.

GOOD LUCK :)
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I certainly know how you feel. It seems that I only lose every 2 to 3 weeks, then get stuck again. It is easier (although still frustrating) to push through these times after nine months because I have developed more faith. In the beginning, I would question everything....what am I doing wrong? This time, I don't know why but I had the strength to stay on plan. I would literally say to myself over and over again, "just stay focused and it will happen"....AND IT DID. This odd pattern to weight loss is probably the biggest culprit to my countless failures before. I would always seem to fall into the "I'm not eating enough" trap and would splurge, then gain, then get depressed, then just quit.

Some people will say, don't weigh yourself. For me, that isn't the answer. I'm a daily weigher and that won't change.

My weight also fluctuates a great deal. Water retention can have a big impact on weight. I retain more water after major exercise-especially lifting (muscles use water to repair), increasing sodium, TOM, decreasing potassium, drinking less water, eating more carbs.

So, keep the faith...stay on plan (at a calorie deficit) and you will lose. But don't kid yourself about that deficit: weigh, measure and log. Also, in my experience, calories burned on MFP are much higher than what registers on my BodyBugg, BodyMedia or Fitbit, as well as, charts based on heart rate; be careful if you are eating back those exercise calories.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

On a side note:
    What's the big issue about numbers anyway? Two women who weigh 120lbs are going to be completely different in body shape anyway. Tony Horton: "To hell with the scale, the tape measure, waist lines, the mirror, calories burned, calories consumed and dress sizes". Just make sure you are GETTING to your goal in the long term. It is because of YEARS of not exercising and bad eating that most of us are on here and yet we expect results in a few weeks of months. It doesn't work that way.

Probably the best comment I could have gotten. :wink: Thanks!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Don't just rely on the scale to show progress. The fact that you feel and look better and your clothes are looser shows that it's working!!! Hang in there, it will happen:flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    pick a different number

tumblr_m7s96ormOW1qke924o1_500.png
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    pick a different number

Thanks. That made me smile!!! :laugh: