Zumba

Options
Hi Everyone!

So who is doing Zumba and it a great addition to our workouts. It look really fun!!

Replies

• sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba on the Wii! It is a lot of fun and can get pretty intense.
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    I'm going to my first zumba class this evening and I'm pretty excited. I hope I like it!
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just started doing Zumba this year and I love it! I still have 2 left feet and lack rhythm sometimes but it is a great workout. You get what you put into it. I have heard you can burn up to 800 calories an hour doing it so my goal when I walk through the door is to sweat my butt off and give it my all. Try it out and if you don't like it move on to something else....just keep moving!
  • msphyl46
    Options
    I started doing Zumba at the gym. When I gave up my gym membership I brought the Zumba videos. I LOVE Zumba its a fun workout that don't feel like you are working out. If you enjoy dancing you will enjoy Zumba. Just get ready to sweat your butt off.
  • zumbajess
    zumbajess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you love to wiggle, giggle, shimmy and shake and have fun then you will love zumba! I am a zumba instructor so I am biased but if you enjoy group exercise and music- then you will leave with a smile on your face! Zumba burns so many calories because you kind of surprise your body and muscles by moving your body in ways that you wouldnt normally do! The instructor should show multi levels of intensity.. so if you want to add a hop to the movement you can or you can keep it low. We also throw in toning elements in to the mix. Like squats or lunges.
    Keep in mind that instructors are encouraged to use visual cueing.. to give you the full effect of the music and rhythm changes so the first time you attend a class; it may a bit overwhelming! BUT the next time u go you will recognize the song or movement and things will me mentally easier!
    give it a try! you may discover a new obsession! people who love it- really love it! its like therapy. If its not for you, then at least you will know!!!
    Zumba Love...
    Jessica
  • mominwi419
    Options
    I had been doing Zumba for close to 2 years, but have recently decided to take an extended break from classes to focus on my lifting.

I just couldn't do it anymore. The instructor at the YMCA does the same songs in the same order every time and the other place rarely has enough people to do class.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Zumba fanatic here.. DVDS, Wii, live classes...
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba!! But here in Colombia (where Beto, the creator is actually from) my gym doesn't have the copyright so we do Rumba instead. Very similar, different music, slightly different moves, a little more reggaeton and coastal music.

I have the DVDs so I sometimes do the real Zumba at home but I do miss the Zumba classes in the States.
  • lraymond14
    lraymond14 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went to my first class on Tuesday and it was amazing. Time went by so quick and was loads of fun.
  • amilemon
    amilemon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love the live classes, they really keep you amped up! I try to go 3-4 times per week. I can't get enough!
  • brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I would love to start it up again! I just can't spend the money on the videos. :\
  • kathetakite
    kathetakite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba for the wii and loved it so I started going to classes and loved it even more, now I am an instructor. It is such a fun way to burn calories!!!
  • amilemon
    amilemon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be an instructor!
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba on the wii and I'm totally loving it... a 60min workout just flies by!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I would love to start it up again! I just can't spend the money on the videos. :\

check youtube,,,lots of them on there..
  • MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Love...Love...Love ...ZUMBA!!!!:bigsmile:
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be an instructor!

Then do it!!! I am a Zumba instructor- going on 2 years teaching, and it has changed my life, and I have helped change others! Message me if you have questions! :)
  • shoes_4_me
    shoes_4_me Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba last week and love it! I love adding it into my strength training routine. Nothing like a little booty-shaking to make your day!
  • jikkenkekka
    Options
    Bumping this up to say that I did my first zumba class last night and phew, what a workout! I was sweating loads, and honestly don't think I've ever looked so ridiculous trying to follow along to something. XD Buuuuuuut having said that, it was really fun anyway! Going to go to another one tomorrow with a different instructor, then probably choose which one I like best and aim to make it a weekly thing.
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Bumping this up to say that I did my first zumba class last night and phew, what a workout! I was sweating loads, and honestly don't think I've ever looked so ridiculous trying to follow along to something. XD Buuuuuuut having said that, it was really fun anyway! Going to go to another one tomorrow with a different instructor, then probably choose which one I like best and aim to make it a weekly thing.

Great job! The steps come with time! Trust me when I started, I had 3 left feet!! I never thought I'd get it, but it was fun, and a great workout- I never thought I was a sweater until I started Zumba. Now I teach the program :) Have fun- let go. If you got a workout, and forgot you are working out because of the fun, then you had a successful first class :)