I lost 1lb in two days of just eating 1200 calories?

Options
I wasn't expecting to lose any weight yet. I lost one maybe even two pounds by just sticking to my calorie goal in two days, not even exercising involved. Is this okay?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you weigh yourself every day you'll probably go crazy!!!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates daily. Don't be surprised if you are two pounds up tomorrow just eating same number of calories.is it okay? If it becomes a trend (pound in 2 days) probably not.
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself everyday. It's going to fluctuate.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Have you just started? It's not uncommon to lose more than expected the first week of eating better as the water weight/bloat goes away. So it is entirely possible.
  • delikium
    delikium Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    omg you lost 7000 kcal worth in 2 days?? how???
  • DocMarr
    DocMarr Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Often the early drops in pounds come from lost water. You are aiming to lose fat and not 'weight'. Slowly does it! :)
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    ^^ This. Most of it's probably water.

Better to monitor your size changes (not just weight) over the long haul.
  • lynxee1219
    Options
    It actually takes ~3000 calories NET either burned or cut out to lose a pound. In all likelihood this is water weight. If your daily needs and exercise put your normal intake way above this is could happen. Either way, it's healthiest to lose weight slowly and it will stay off that way- if you keep dropping at that rate you may want to up your caloric intake to help your body lose and keep the weight off.
  • boomsmom
    boomsmom Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I agree, if you weigh yourself everyday it will drive you nuts. Cause then it's always about the number. I weigh myself once a week at the same time every week.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Did you double flush?
  • StaceyJ2008
    StaceyJ2008 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    A woman's body weight can fluctuate between 1/2-5 pounds per day depending on water. Only weigh once per week.
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If you weigh yourself every day you'll probably go crazy!!!

^^Yep. Weight constantly fluctuates. Two days isn't long enough to gauge real progress. Once a week is probably the most you will ever want to weigh yourself, even if that. I personally can fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a day, from water weight etc...
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You probably didn't lose a pound of fat, but some water.

This is within the margin of error. I can vary about +-7 pounds depending on the time of day. Completely serious, I was 159.9 in the morning and 163-167 when I go to sleep. I certainly have not lost or gain 7 pounds of fat.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    In b4 "I gained half a pound in 3 days."
  • mconway79
    mconway79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    your weight can fluctuate 4 or 5 lbs a day doing nothing. try not to weigh your self every day or you are going to drive your self crazy. I try to do once a week or once every two weeks
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    NO
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    In b4 "I gained half a pound in 3 days."
    ^This.
  • gmr4alex
    Options
    If you don't want to have any muscle...then it's fine, you'll look like a stick. It's best to plan for about 1-2 pounds a week...I'm in the military and have done more than that (lost 20lbs in 3 weeks) but I was doing about 2 hours of cardio with some weight training in there. I weigh myself almost everyday to stay on track, my body has a tendency to store fat very easily because I like distance running and I easily force myself into "starvation mode". It's ultimately up to you but 1200 cals is very low, did you put your height and weight into a BMI calc? There are calculators online that will tell you about how many calories you should be eating...do the calc's and then decide if it's just right or go a little above or below depending on how you feel. Don't avoid carbs, fats, proteins, etc. Just eat small portions (shoot for ~300 cals or less a meal) this will shrink your stomach and you will feel fuller faster. Drink lots and lots of water (at least the recommended 8 cups) I find it hard to drink water...so in the morning I start with a huge glass of tea with skim milk and splenda. I've been fighting with my weight for close to 4 years and i'm just starting to win the battle :) good luck to you!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    water weight.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    Poop weight. You can rule this out by...

1) Weighing yourself before and after pooping, or
    2) Weighing your stool.