New here and doing the 30 day shred

Options
Hello everyone i'm new to this site, I have lost 20 pound already doing the 30 day shred, but hope to lose 35 more pounds to reach my goal. Anyone else doing the 30 day shred?

Replies

• JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey there! I'm doing the 30 day shred too! I LOVE it! I started mixing it up with my other work out routines though. Now I switch off everyother day with running/elliptical and 30 day shred workout. Good luck! You can do it:flowerforyou:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I'm on level 2 and LOVE it!!! I also switch it out with her other DVDs to provide some variety. Glad you like it - it's an awesome routine with fantastic results!
  • Iorns78
    Iorns78 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am so loving the 30 day shred, I also mix it up with my treadmill and other exercises, but I have noticed a huge difference in the two weeks I have done it with my endurance.
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I have the 30 day shred DVD but have not tried doing it in awhile. I could not make it through the first time and became discouraged and have not tried it again. Now, that I'm down 14 pds. I think it's about time to try again. I'm glad to see that you and others on MFP are losing weight with it.
  • jojo888va
    jojo888va Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also doing the 30 day shred and I love it. I wanted to know everyone is listing it on the exercise? I didn't know if i did it all as cardio or individual workouts. Thanks
  • joyfulmom4him
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP. I am new here too. I would love to try the 30 day shred but I am scared lol.. Is it really hard? I was thinking of getting it as a reward to myself when I lose the first 20lbs and feel a little stronger. Anyhoo, welcome and I wish you the best on your journey.
  • penny38_1999
    penny38_1999 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can anyone instruct me on what the 30 day shred is???? where do i get it, where do i follow it, help, ive lost 20lbs and i have slowed down and i would like to kick things up, can you help me with what it is, and where to find it? thanks
  • squashmelon9
    Options
    Walmart for $9.00 Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD
  • usmcwife1223
    Options
    i just started the 30 day shred today will be L1day3 and my legs are killing me but i am going to push through , welcome
  • nekishaearly
    Options
    It is hard at first but it does get easier
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I am planning on doing level 2 for the first time tonight... probably why I am on here procrastinating = ) I have not been so sore the past couple days, so I am guessing it is time to move on. I am terrfied!! I will let you know how it goes!
  • dmags
    Options
    I log it is as circuit training (general) for 20 minutes. It logs as 241 calories.
  • dmags
    Options
    I did it. Level 2, day 1. plank twists, walking push-ups and pendulum lunges...oh my! It was hard, but I could do it. See how sore I am tomorrow! One word of advice... don't drink a lot of water during this... made me a little sick.
  • nekishaearly
    Options
    I just got done with level 2 omg I can't do those plank twists!!! My legs are extremely sore
  • LHNichols
    LHNichols Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do them well at all the first time, but within a few days, I was doing fine.
  • LHNichols
    Options
    I like Level 2 fine but really hate Level 3 - way too hard for me.
  • mrsmojo82
    mrsmojo82 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I've done the 30 day shred too. Level 1 was hard at first, but now I can do level 2. I'm going to rent her power yoga to see if I like it. Has anyone here tried it? When I logged it under yoga, it said I would burn only 108 calories. Hmm...I hope it's more than that.
  • LHNichols
    Options
    I read reviews on her other DVDs and saw them today at Costco for $7+ each: No More Trouble Zones, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Yoga Meltdown. BUT instead of doing a new one tonight, I just did Level 2 again. Wasn't really motivated much tonight.

A yoga I LOVE is Self's Ultimate De-Stress Yoga DVD.

My "extended" workout is Level 2 on 30 Day Shred, 10 minutes on recumbent bike while reading large print novel (I can't focus while pedaling on the small print) and then the relaxation section of the Self yoga. Sometimes when I have more time I do the complete yoga DVD.
  • dmags
    Options
    I did it. Last night. Level 2, day 1. plank twists, walking push-ups and pendulum lunges...oh my! It was hard, but I could do it. See how sore I am today! One word of advice... don't drink a lot of water during this... made me a little sick.
  • dmags
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP. I've done the 30 day shred too. Level 1 was hard at first, but now I can do level 2. I'm going to rent her power yoga to see if I like it. Has anyone here tried it? When I logged it under yoga, it said I would burn only 108 calories. Hmm...I hope it's more than that.

I have been trying to get a more accurate read for Bob's weight loss yoga dvd. The one that is in the data base is for stretching, I don't think that is accurate for Jillian and Bob's idea of yoga! I don't have a heart monitor, so I do just log in under what the data base says and figure that if anything, it is too low and it can't hurt to under log, instead of over-estimating