Starting NC! Questions re: vegetarian and Pedometer app.

Options
Hello! I just started the program yesterday officially! I am doing pretty good so far. I just turned 40 and want this decade to be one of my healthiest! I would like to shed 13.5 pounds and keep it off this time!

I am vegetarian and am eating about 1310 calories a day. I am not super strict with no meat. Though, I have not had any red meat in about 5 weeks. I do eat chicken about once a week. If things are cooked in broths and such I will eat them. Also, if I go to someone's house that is serving meat I will eat it. Any one doing this veggie only?

My wonderful hubby purchased me a treadmill for my birthday (just waiting for it to be delivered), I am doing workouts on Xbox and I go do Hot Yoga once a week.

I live in Charlotte, NC!

My first question is how to get the Pedometer app information to show up in MFP. I synced what I have done so far today by I can't find it anywhere! Any thoughts on that?

Replies

• aweber73
    aweber73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey again! I'm psuedo vegetarian as well and did not eat any meat today (but did have an egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast). The funny thing is that many of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks already have the popular dishes uploaded. Yesterday, I had the Pineapple and Quinoa stir fry from Veganomican and it was already in the MFP database. Too cool!
  • Workinthis1
    Options
    Hey again! I'm psuedo vegetarian as well and did not eat any meat today (but did have an egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast). The funny thing is that many of my favorite vegetarian cookbooks already have the popular dishes uploaded. Yesterday, I had the Pineapple and Quinoa stir fry from Veganomican and it was already in the MFP database. Too cool!

That sounds yummy! I am going to explore the recipes before I do menus for next week! How funny that we have connected and seem to be similar! This will only chop up to success for us!
  • UtahWalker
    UtahWalker Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just wanted to let you know that becoming a vegetarian is a very healthy way to go. I am not knocking the meat eaters. We all live in the same world, we just choose to eat different things. I became a vegetarian be I love meat. I mean I LOVE meat. I realized that I needed to eat meat with every meat. I looked in the mirror and said "Wow I can see a quarter of a hog there" I did like you did. First I cut out pork, then beef, then chicken and finally fish. Several month ago I took the final step and became vegan. You really have to have a lot of support when you first start the vegetarian route. You need to replace protein and many things that your body needs from non meat sources. My hobby is I collect cook books. I have at least 20 vegetarian cook books. I try to something from each of them. There are about 100 different kinds of non meat burgers. I have converted many recipes to non meat and low-carb. There are many good recipes in the MFP data base. My wife is now eating many veggie items. Now if I could only get my daughter to do the same. Good luck to you in your new healthy way to happiness. You can do it and there are many people here to help you