would you be offended by this gift?

Options

Replies

• Brianna72994
    Options
    If she hasnt said anything about not liking the hair on her upper lip then I dont think it's a good idea.
    And idk how old she is, but is it really safe for an older woman to be going under a laser?

I would say get her a different gift. Maybe use the laser hair removal on yourself instead, if that's something you'd be interested in.
  • suzbaru
    suzbaru Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    YES!! I was actually given an eyebrow waxing kit for Christmas from my Aunt in middle school and was pissed. It's like saying your eyebrows look like crap, and you need to take care of it. Presents are supposed to be fun!

Now if she's talked to you about how much she hates her stache and wishes she could get rid of it, that's another story.

she hasn't commented on it...but I have heard some of the people at the nursing home comment on it. And well, I want my grandma to be smokin' at the nursing home...you all know how the residents in nursing homes are!

Fasting growing group for STD's, just saying. Think about it.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57371893-10391704/sexually-transmitted-disease-rates-rise-among-elderly-why/
    http://www.aarp.org/health/conditions-treatments/news-05-2011/seniors_sex_lives_are_up_and_so_are_std_cases.html

I also wouldn't give it as a gift unless she mentioned wanting to do something about it.
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    Only if you told me that my pictures makes you hot... damn
    I knew someone was calling me hahahaha sorry it is a sexy profile picture
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

If Gran is in a nursing home she probably doesn't care about facial hair at this stage in her life... and the procedure at her age might be too stressful. Buy her a pretty sweater and spend some time with her that's the best gift of all.

I agree! :)
  • Skittlez_
    Options
    At least you are not giving her a paper bag.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I personally would not be offended but grandma...not so sure!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Yeah what are the odds that gramma would actually use it? Whether my gramma had one or not...she seriously wouldn't care!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm getting my grandma Magic Mike for Christmas. lol
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    If Gran is in a nursing home she probably doesn't care about facial hair at this stage in her life... and the procedure at her age might be too stressful. Buy her a pretty sweater and spend some time with her that's the best gift of all.
    [/quote]

This^^^^^^
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    YES!! I was actually given an eyebrow waxing kit for Christmas from my Aunt in middle school and was pissed. It's like saying your eyebrows look like crap, and you need to take care of it. Presents are supposed to be fun!

Now if she's talked to you about how much she hates her stache and wishes she could get rid of it, that's another story.

she hasn't commented on it...but I have heard some of the people at the nursing home comment on it. And well, I want my grandma to be smokin' at the nursing home...you all know how the residents in nursing homes are!

I know you have good intentions, but as someone who has been gifted a hair removal kit, I have to tell you it's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. It left me feeling embarrassed and self conscious. I felt like I had to look really gross for her to feel the need to spend money on that for me. Like I wasn't taking care of myself well enough to meet other people's standards.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people offended by getting soap for xmas ffs.

haters gonna hate, even in a nursing home.
    if she's not unhappy leave her alone.
    i'm sure she knows the technology exists.

and the older you get the more you know that about haters and just say "meh"
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

I know you have good intentions, but as someone who has been gifted a hair removal kit, I have to tell you it's the most uncomfortable feeling in the world. It left me feeling embarrassed and self conscious. I felt like I had to look really gross for her to feel the need to spend money on that for me. Like I wasn't taking care of myself well enough to meet other people's standards.

Yeah but look at how AMAZING your eyebrows look now. :drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    ^No credit to her! I wasn't going to touch that wax. Too scary to put hot stuff on my face!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Who at the nursing home was talking about it? Other residents? Ignore them staff? report their a$$for discussing personal matters about residents in a public place.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I believe I got sucked into a troll thread:noway:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Who at the nursing home was talking about it? Other residents? Ignore them staff? report their a$$for discussing personal matters about residents in a public place.

the other residents. I just want grandma to be excepted.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options

the other residents. I just want grandma to be excepted.

I honestly think you're trolling.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I got a groupon deal today that is a really good deal on laser hair removal...something like six sessions for $199. I was thinking of getting it for my grandma for Christmas. She kinda has that old lady 'stache going on. Would you be offended if someone gave you a gift like that?
    Is she aware of the 'stache and wanting to get rid of it? If so, then get it. If not, don't.

It's kind of like how I would love a fitness-related gift because I'm into that, but it would be offensive to someone who has shown no interest in it.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Google "Mrs Brown gets a bikini wax" this thread reminded me of it. Hilarious.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    what about Botox then? I could see if I could arrange one of those party thingys where they line them up and just go down the row....