• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    It's alive!!!!

ETA: And no. Just no.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thinking about doing all protein shakes with fruit, v8, and lots of water for a week to trip my system up and cleanse some.

Anyone have thoughts?

There is no such thing as "tripping system up and cleansing". You might as well say you want to try this because Voodoo Space Magic. It would have exactly the same validity.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    if you eat a healthy diet you don't need to cleanse...just like women don't need to douche, the body cleanses itself.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    if you eat a healthy diet you don't need to cleanse...just like women don't need to douche, the body cleanses itself.

^^^ lol well...that's one way of putting it!!!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Unless you enjoy hunger I wouldn't recommend it
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    FYI, this thread is six months old. I'm guessing the OP has already made her decision on whether or not to do this.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    This "cleansing" idea is rather useless. Your body does a fine job of cleansing itself.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    There is NO "fooling" one's BODY...It gonna DO what it Do, as it needs to! NOW, shakes...liquids for a while are ALWAYS a good idea for most people. Go Head!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If you want to do a cleanse then I guess its ok but I personally wouldnt do them or think much of them. I think your body does a good job of it already and food does more for you long term. Also these things are not sustainable long term if you are doing it for more than just a cleanse. I would spend your time and energy elsewhere to be honest. Good luck!
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    FYI, this thread is six months old. I'm guessing the OP has already made her decision on whether or not to do this.

Well, now that it's bumped, maybe she can tell us how much it sucked.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Just noticed it was an old post, thanks for the hint!! Will check dates before I comment in future :-)
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    no
  • skynyme01
    Options
    It sounds like it would be effective to help cleanse and the added benefit is weight loss but I'm no expert and I wouldn't recommend it for more than a week. I couldn't image giving up the pleasure of "eating" and the flavors I'd miss. This method doesn't really work in the long term since it's unrealistic and can't be sustained. If it's cleansing you want there are all kinds safe cleansing products and colonics that are effective too.
    :wink:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Options
    ...If it's cleansing you want there are all kinds safe cleansing products and colonics that are bogus too.
    :wink:
    Fixed it for you.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    31086797.jpg
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    31086797.jpg

I laughed then I felt bad
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    This is why we have a liver, kidneys, etc.
  • BritneysStuntDouble
    Options
    31086797.jpg
    I laughed then I felt bad
    Good stuff, huh?
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    If you are interested in allowing yourbody to relax and heal itself, look into doing a half day fast. Its not something to be taken lightly and people who are new into it cant even start out doing a day long fast. You are setting yourself up for a trip to the hospital doing a week long shake/juice/whatever fasting. That is dangerous.

If you want more information on the half day fast, which is where you need to start (and it takes some prep before you even do that to do it healthy) then let me know.. its nothing to buy, nothing like that.. i do this once a month or so because of a medical condition I have. I do NOT do it for weight loss at all. If you are looking to do it for weight loss, dont even bother... you will gain the weight back as soon as you eat again. But this does help your body with cell repairing, letting your digestive system relax and numerous other things. :flowerforyou:

For those who dont agree with my beliefs, there is no need to post negative comments or message me, i wont respond or reply. To each their own. :smile:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    No.