Flooring for P90X

Options
Is it ok to do P90X in a room with carpet? My weight room has a thicker carpeting but none of my rooms with hardwood have door frames suitable for the chin up bar.

Replies

• skuhbacher
    Options
    I do P90X on carpet and it works just great!
  • stephieloo
    Options
    I did P90X in my living room...which has carpet. No door frames suitable in my house for a pull up bar so my husband intalled one in the basement in the ceiling studs...needless to stay it was a lot of running down and up the stairs to do pull ups. Bonus: extra cardio!
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My husband (and our 3 year old daughter) do it on carpet too.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Carpet should be just fine - it's just built in padding! That's what we're going to be on when we start.
  • sassyandsexy1
    Options
    I used to do it on carpet. We changed to hardwood floors in one of the bedrooms which is now a home gym with a treadmill, floor mats, weights and such. Doing Insanity now but still need to kick everything else like my eating habits up a knotch.
  • racin65
    racin65 Posts: 21
    Options
    I do P90X on carpet every day as well. I also did not have the right type of doorways for a chin up bar. I purchased a fairly cheap power tower (about $160) & the good part is I can also do other exercises on the power tower as well.:blushing:

628666.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • retrobaby
    retrobaby Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Has anybody had real results with P90x???
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Has anybody had real results with P90x???

Yes. Look at my photo gallery. The before/after of me is the first round. "Before" -- the pic with the blue shorts -- was taken Aug. 1, 2009. The "After" in the red shorts was in late October. That was 18 lbs. lost and a whole lot of strength gain.

On Day 0, I couldn't do a single chin-up. By Day 90, I was able to do 10 in a row without a chair (of course, having to lift less weight helped!)