Concerned about this weekend.

Options
Originally I was going to make a long and complicated post, but for everyone's sake I won't. If you have any questions about details I'll be happy to answer them.

Basically, I've run out of a lot of my foods (In part due to sharing with my fiance but still.). The foods that I have left to work with, are either going to put me WAY over my sugar limit daily or at the very top end range of my sodium daily (as in well over 1500mg of sodium, yikes!).

I feel guilty when I go over either of these. I can't change these options until late Monday evening. Should I be so sorely concerned?

Replies

• lizzyholiman
    lizzyholiman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eat out all weekend
    There! Problem solved!:laugh:
    If you can go over to someone elses house you can always mooch off their food too...
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Even if I could afford that, I wouldn't do it. I would go to the store and get healthier things to store away. :P Hehe.

I don't have that option at the moment I'm afraid, and I don't like to mooch anyhow. Thanks anyways though!
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Have your fiance buy you some healthy foods.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Well, as long as you are staying around your calorie goal and since there is absolutely nothing you can really do about it - then I wouldn't freak out over one weekend.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Just stay within your calories and you'll be fine. One weekend of going over sodium or sugar will not kill you
  • Ashonym
    Ashonym Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @Joylia: That's what I was thinking. I just know I've been doing so well that I don't want to fudge anything up. :P

@boatsie: Actually, albeit a good idea, at the moment he is financially responsible for both of us since I can't work right now due to medical reasons. So I'm factoring in that he doesn't get paid until Monday.

[EDIT] @YoungDoc: Thanks, yeah. I hope it won't impede me too much...
  • schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Two days out of 365? Don't sweat it :)
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Accept the situation, learn the lesson so you don't repeat it, move on.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    When I was back in Oregon I volunteered with a group called Gleaners. They collect, harvest, repack and distributed food to the needy. I was able to add some healthy fresh food and diary products to our household every week which made a huge difference. When we had to move unexpectedly and with huge time constraint, I donated all my canned and packaged goods to them plus any household item I could not sell or store for their big garage sales. Plus a lot of clothing from when my daughter still lived with me and clothes that I had gotten too small for.
    It's a wonderful way to help out and having access to good food helped keep me on track too. Just a thought if there is a Gleaners or similar group near to you.