Single mom - Needs Support

Options
Hi there,

I'm a single mom to a 5 yr old girl and an 8 yr old boy, two dogs and a cat...and I have my kids 95% of the time. I have very little support, none monetarily, and a couple hours on the weekend maybe to myself. I've been very busy these last three years and haven't had time to focus on my health. Consequently, I've ballooned up about 30 pounds. I'm looking for others that can motivate and be a friendly support network on this weight-loss journey.

Replies

• Candysland2013
    Options
    Ur more than welcome to add me
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. After having our first child recently I have a new found respect for the hard work mothers put in and no way can any guy ever do that amount of work. To do it alone is even more impressive. Hope you can get on track and hit the goals you want!
  • Farrahrm
    Farrahrm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • BFarnsworth
    BFarnsworth Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Id be happy to offer support.
  • oAshlio
    oAshlio Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to lend you some support! I know what is is like to have little or none at times! Feel free to add me, I am always looking for some more friends here on MFP!
  • samairon
    Options
    You're welcome to add me.
  • mmancini73
    Options
    I give you so much credit....being a mom is hard! Feel free to add me!
  • fishandricecakes
    Options
    I'm a SAHM, they are 4 and 5, I get little time to myself as well, I feels yah, but you can do this!
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    You have to put yourself first. It's not selfish to do so. Taking better care of yourself will mean you will be a better mom. Period.

I am a single mom and have my kids 100% of the time. I find the time to take care of me, first. I have to!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am glad that you are here. This site is great for making friends and getting the support you need. I don't have kids, but I know that they can really keep you busy. I don't work due to being disabled for the last 4 yrs. But I do know that it can really keep you busy also. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    Is your youngest in Kindergarten yet? If so, that is a whole day to plan on some exercise.. I take advantage of the time they are in school to work out..
  • tljennin1
    Options
    Fell free to add me, I'm a single mom of 3 the youngest only 10 weeks old so I understand being busy.
  • jazzedorange
    jazzedorange Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    you can add me as well. I'm back after a 2 month break.
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have an 11year old, 2 year old and 8 month old and am a SAHM. I was a single mom with my oldest for the first year of his life but sometimes when I look back to everything we went through it felt like an eternity. I am all about motivation and support, whatever the cause :smile:
  • luv_2_lift
    luv_2_lift Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I totally know where you're coming from! I have been a single mom to my 17 year old son and 16 year old daughter for almost 15 years :-).
  • lesliep107
    lesliep107 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a single mom as well--2 girls, 10 and 7--and I've got about 20lbs to lose.

Add me! I'd love to give (and get!) any support I can.
  • rcavazos83
    Options
    Totally up to supporting you and anyone else that needs/wants. Feel free to add me. :o)
  • Angelhair78
    Angelhair78 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I have been a single mom for nearly 3 years now. I have 2 children full time, work full time, and take care of a house full time :) I am looking for friends that share some or all of these in common...especially the battle of the bulge! I have 50 pounds to lose and my goal right now is to lose 20 by my 35th birthday in June....Please add me!