Ate pizza today...

Options
So I just started dieting 4 days ago and today I ate pizza, it was 4 slices and I feel terrible about it D: It was mushroom stuffed crust, I didn't exactly go over my calories today and I exercised as well but it feels as though I'm cheating already. When do you guys feel guilty about what you ate? And was it okay for me to eat a stuffed crust pizza 4 days into dieting even though I exercised for the day and didn't go over my calories?

I know this sounds like a stupid or attention post, but I am serious about it, I feel guilty lol Should I or am I overdoing it?

Replies

• Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    No need to feel guilty. it was within your calorie goals.
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Man I sure could go for some pizza...
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Eat it, log it, and move on. Don't order pizza again tomorrow.
  • eandrsmom
    Options
    You are on day 4 of the rest of your life. Your numbers look good, so you are fine. And the days when your numbers don't look good, you wake up the next day and make different choices. :-)

ETA: And if it makes you feel any better, I just enjoyed a fabulous peanut butter sandwich for a bedtime snack! YUMMY!!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you didn't go over your calories...what is it you feel guilty about? Actually eating something you like? No need to feel guilty. Food is not the enemy. NO food.
  • lookgreatfast
    lookgreatfast Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It happens..part of the journey. The good thing is you stayed in your calories and exercised.
  • windyleal
    Options

I agree...it isn't sensible for daily eating but occasionally it is not a big deal.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I always feel guilty.......

I had pizza today too, homemade pepperoni. Yummy.

I have lost more weight then intended and ate pizza every Friday night during the weight loss process. Friday night is always homemade pizza night at our house. I am not giving up tradition. :)
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    YUM.
    enjoy your pizza.

This place has helped me view food differently...I hope it does for you as well
    no guilt necessary.

here is what I do

EAT
    SMASH (weight training)
    REPEAT
  • Sailatsorf
    Sailatsorf Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I live on campus and eat pizza almost every day because it is the only decent food the cafeteria serves that I can force into my mouth. As long as you limit yourself to one slice (or two on a good day when you're not snacking much), it's just fine to have pizza. :)
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the pizza. I usually have an entire large pizza to myself every weekend.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    So I just started dieting 4 days ago and today I ate pizza

Yummy!
    I feel terrible about it

Why? It's food. You didn't donkeypunch a nun, you ate pizza. Get a grip.

, I didn't exactly go over my calories today and I exercised as well

Then congrats! You will lose weight if you continue this.

but it feels as though I'm cheating already.

Eating pizza and hitting your nutritional targets is not cheating. It's called winning. Congrats on being a baller.

When do you guys feel guilty about what you ate?

Never.

But hypothetically let's say I went into a senior home and they were serving tacos, and Leonard was sitting next to his oxygen tank, about to take a bite of his taco, and I slapped him in the back of the head, knocking the taco into the air, whence I catch said taco and take a bite.....

I'd feel guilty.

Other than that, no.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Eh don't worry about it...I've had pizza the past 3 nights and it's fit in my calories...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

But hypothetically let's say I went into a senior home and they were serving tacos, and Leonard was sitting next to his oxygen tank, about to take a bite of his taco, and I slapped him in the back of the head, knocking the taco into the air, whence I catch said taco and take a bite.....

I'd feel guilty.

I dunno, man. I like tacos, too. even from the bell. but senior home tacos? that's pushing it, isn't it?
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Did someone say pizza? No seriously though, if it fits in your calories range don't feel guilty. It's definitely a plus that you worked out Eating at a calories deficient plus exercising will equal weightloss!! :D
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Well said. It happens to all of us and its ok to splurge from time to time. Dont feel guilty, just move on and eat healthy and get back on plan. Its ok really!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want if it fits into my calories (most of the time). Enjoy your pizza!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    I eat whatever I want daily, as long as it fits under my calorie goal. Occasionally I go over my calories. I've lost 27 pounds since August.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    If you didn't go over your calories, guess what? It's not cheating! You are still going to lose weight.

No food is banned, just focus on your calorie counts. I just finished up an ice cream and there is no guilt whatsoever.

Good nutrition is important and there is nothing wrong with a splurge every now and again.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    If eating food makes you feel guilty, you need to seek counseling, as that's a very unhealthy mental state.