way more out of shape then i thought

Options
today was day 1 of 30ds and i only made it through 8 minutes :( its a start though but i am so disappointed in how much i have left myself go. hopefully tomorrow i can make it further in the video.

Replies

• darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Are there any instructions for people who haven't exercised for a while? Presumably, 30DS is pretty hard going and not really suitable for those who have been leading a largely sedentary lifestyle and want to change things.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    aim for 9 minutes tomorrow. If you get past that you will feel great! Don't compare now to how you felt 10 years ago, compare it to yesterday. If you see a little progress each day - pat yourself on the back and try to do a little more the next.

I know how you feel - I used to have great stamina. When I started exercising again this summer, my stamina was crap. It's getting better, and I can see big changes over the last few months. You will get there!
  • keelerangela
    keelerangela Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am a nursing student so i don't think i really live a sedementary lifestyle.. just 3 months ago i was doing 45 mins on the treadmill with an 11 incline @ 4mph..and then i stopped going to the gym. in just 3 mths this is how out of shape i have gotten. just a real downer.
  • keelerangela
    Options
    Yeah i am going to aim for 9-10 minutes tomorrow
  • wonderflair
    wonderflair Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You are where you are today. No one can go back to how fit they were 10 years or even 10 days ago. It's what you do with today, and when you get there, tomorrow that matters. It's much easier to just do nothing. You should be proud of yourself for making positive changes and following through. Chin up! You can do this!
  • betoarango
    betoarango Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The body is an incredible machine, but it also is pretty lazy. If you do not exercise it simply lulls into a deep sleep...but if you wake it up it will amaze you. I bet you'll be doing the whole thing in under a month, just stick with it.
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    May I suggest you march in place when you feel you can't keep up and re-start as you can? Every day will get better, stay on level 1 until you can do it completely, without weights, then add small weights or cans of soup. You don't need to progress 10 days on level 1, 10 days on 2, ect.... do it at your pace. Its a good program and you will improve quickly and feel good about it. I'm starting back on it today. Good luck!
  • keelerangela
    Options
    The body is an incredible machine, but it also is pretty lazy. If you do not exercise it simply lulls into a deep sleep...but if you wake it up it will amaze you. I bet you'll be doing the whole thing in under a month, just stick with it.

thank you!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    the first time I did 30DS, I laid on the floor for half of it and then threw up afterwards. It was HARD.

You'll get there. I promise :)
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    When you are new at something, you cannot expect yourself to be a pro straight away. You'll progress with time! Everyone has to start somewhere
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    May I suggest you march in place when you feel you can't keep up and re-start as you can? Every day will get better, stay on level 1 until you can do it completely, without weights, then add small weights or cans of soup. You don't need to progress 10 days on level 1, 10 days on 2, ect.... do it at your pace. Its a good program and you will improve quickly and feel good about it. I'm starting back on it today. Good luck!

this!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    so you just went for eight minutes, got out of breath, and stopped? why didn't you just pause it, catch your breath, and continue?
  • keelerangela
    Options
    so you just went for eight minutes, got out of breath, and stopped? why didn't you just pause it, catch your breath, and continue?

I actually vomited after the first 8 minutes so I decided to stop. I don't want to push myself past the vomiting point. I think I will do the build up. tomorrow I will shoot for 10 mins, if I can do longer, great.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I actually vomited after the first 8 minutes so I decided to stop. I don't want to push myself past the vomiting point. I think I will do the build up. tomorrow I will shoot for 10 mins, if I can do longer, great.

damn. you should've said something about vomiting before. did you eat right before? or did you not eat for a long time before working out? either one can cause vomitting.

btw, i've totally been working out, vomited, and kept going.