Anyone Taking Vitamins or Supplements?

Options

Replies

• boognish1972
    boognish1972 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No way. I eat a balanced diet to get needed vitamins and minerals. Unless you've been diagnosed with a deficiency of some sort, I'd steer clear of supplements; they can be dangerous, and there is no scientific evidence that they're helpful.

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/08/02/hidden-dangers-in-vitamins-supplements/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2012/10/19/vitamins-good-for-you-bad-for-you-or-what/
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I take Omega-3 (nature's made fish oil) cause my dr suggested it. I also take a multi vitamin in the morning.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I take Nature Made's Omega-3s, Calcium with D3, Echinacea, B-Complex, and Flinstone's Vita-Gummies. I do plan on starting on Potassium supplements sometime this month.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Centrum Mult-Vitamin and Centrum Omega-3 as per my doctors recommendations :0)
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Women's multi-vitamin and potassium and magnesium. Ever since I started taking those last two, my nearly daily charlie horses have stopped.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    bump
  • isitsororo
    Options
    Caltrate Calcium and Vitamin D gummies
    Flinstones gummies (general vitamin)
    Slow release iron
  • cue_chik
    cue_chik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do. I take:
    Biotin
    Niacin
    B6
    St Johns
    Ginko
    D (now that it's not summer and we're not outside as much, boo)
    and a muti.

The biotin is for my hair (it makes your hair grow like crazy) and the B6 is for energy. The niacin/st johns/ginko is a mood booster. The combo of those have made a massive difference in my life.

I was wondering if taking biotin would make a noticeable difference.. I'll have to try that!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Fresh green juices (The ULTIMATE multi-vitamin)

Vitamin B12
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

I was told by my doctors to stop taking calcium supplements because it was linked to heart problems..

According to my doctor, it was because the people were overdosing the calcium by taking a full daily dose in supplement form in addition to what they were getting in food. She told me to figure out what I got in food and then "top up" at the end of the day to get 1200 to 1500 mg per day.

My supplements:

Omega-3 Fish Oil
    Calcium
    Niacin – Inusitol Hexaniacinate
    Tincture of sage
    Vitamin D
    Medi – C Plus
    Fiber
    Green Tea
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I take

GNC Active Women Multi
    B6
    Calcium
    VItamin D
    Chromium
    Iron
  • jkmiller82
    jkmiller82 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    -Fish oil (recommended by my doctor for dry eyes)
    -biotin (I have yet to really notice any benefit)
    -Women's multi-daily gummies

I used to swallow a tablespoon of flaxseed oil everyday, but it was adding 120 calories to diary, so I decided to just stick with fish oil, although once I start working out, I'll probably add it back.

I've noticed the most benefit from the fish oil. It's improved my mood and concentration as well as helped my dry eyes.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

I was told by my doctors to stop taking calcium supplements because it was linked to heart problems..

According to my doctor, it was because the people were overdosing the calcium by taking a full daily dose in supplement form in addition to what they were getting in food. She told me to figure out what I got in food and then "top up" at the end of the day to get 1200 to 1500 mg per day.

My supplements:

Omega-3 Fish Oil
    Calcium
    Niacin – Inusitol Hexaniacinate
    Tincture of sage
    Vitamin D
    Medi – C Plus
    Fiber
    Green Tea

Not sure about that..got it from 2 different doctors to get off it.. Here is a link to story about it.. They haven't studied the effects on smaller doses so no one knows yet if it is safe or not.

http://newhope360.com/heart-health/why-calcium-supplements-may-be-bad-your-heart?page=1
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I take the Sisu brand of prenatal pill because I'm still breastfeeding. My kids love the liquid fish oil supplement we have but it makes me gag. I take it when I feel like I can stomach it :) I also take vitamin D when I remember.
  • firelle
    firelle Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Omega-3s, One a Day Women's, and Super B Complex =)
  • NikiDeaf
    NikiDeaf Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Prenatal vitamin (breastfeeding mom here)
    Fish oil
    Iron
    Green tea
    Fenugreek (for the breast milk)
    Cranberry extract
  • CamillaBeaumont
    CamillaBeaumont Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have heard that the number two item sieved out of “port a potties” before they are allowed to dump the effluent is whole multivitamin pills (soda and beer containers hold the #1 position). This is because many multivitamins are only about 10% useable ingredients, pressed in milk powder or corn starch, and coated in plastic.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Fish Oil
    Creatine
    BCAAs
    Multivitamin
    Caffein
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Multi vitamin, iron and whey protein. I was taking cardio cuts as a preworkout for about 6 months, and eventually found that it was hurting more than helping so I cut it.
  • DatNative21
    DatNative21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Vitamin E
    Vitamin C
    Green Tea Extract
    BSN Syntha-6
    BCAA'S