5'7" girl: 155 to 130 progress pics :)

Options
Haven't done progress pictures before but when I found this little ditty of me lookin' rull rull slim at the river I had to. LOL
I started MFP at probably about 149 in September and today I weigh 130. I'm 5'7" with a very small frame, trying to get to around 120.
I hope this helps someone :)

July242011-December012012MFPresize.jpg

Replies

• GypsySoul_74
    GypsySoul_74 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    my girl looking AMAZING!!! i love this :) you look fantastic!
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think you look great at 130! It's always good to have a goal, but I'm guessing that if you keep toning up, you're going to be happy with your bod without getting down to 120! Looking good!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I think you look great at 130! It's always good to have a goal, but I'm guessing that if you keep toning up, you're going to be happy with your bod without getting down to 120! Looking good!

I agree!
  • timax52
    Options
    Stunning, well done
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love it! I'm 5' 7". Going from 160 to 148. Love the inspiration! Thanks:)
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options

I agree!
    I agree as well. Focus on body composition and toss out scale weight goals. Congratulations by the way!
  • gatx
    gatx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    WOW! Awesome work. I am just under 5'7" and started at 154. Doing JMBR and hoping to get to 140 when I finish. I'd love to see 135 again... but would be happy at 140... you are Inspiring!!!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! It's so crazy-- 15 lbs doesn't seem like a lot at all but makes such an incredible difference on your body. I'm hovering at 155 right now also and trying to get back to 120 (where I was for the last 10 years). Definite inspiration for me that even that first 15 lbs will make a huge difference.
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! It's so crazy-- 15 lbs doesn't seem like a lot at all but makes such an incredible difference on your body. I'm hovering at 155 right now also and trying to get back to 120 (where I was for the last 10 years). Definite inspiration for me that even that first 15 lbs will make a huge difference.

It's probably more like 20, I'm not sure because I didn't have a scale at the time and relied on scales of friends. But like I said, I have a very small frame so every pound really counts! Don't give up! If you have been at 120 for years then you will get back to that in no time :)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Lookin good!! :flowerforyou:
  • katealbright
    Options

I agree!
    I agree as well. Focus on body composition and toss out scale weight goals. Congratulations by the way!

Yeah I have known for a while that I need to start lifting heavy. I just don't know much about it and my apartment gym sucks for strength training. We have great gyms at the university though, and with the tuition I pay I should be getting my money's worth *grr* LOL. I think I will try to lose a bit more fat and get to 125 over the break and then start heavy weights Spring semester.
  • _happycats_
    _happycats_ Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started at 155 and I'm not too much lower than it right now, and I want to be around 130, this is pure motivation!! You look fantastic, great work!! :)
    Edit: I'm also 5'7
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Very well done!!! Congratulations!!
  • alycat1990
    alycat1990 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful! great work!!
  • tetecia
    tetecia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look Great!!! Congrats on the Progress the past 3 months!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

It's probably more like 20, I'm not sure because I didn't have a scale at the time and relied on scales of friends. But like I said, I have a very small frame so every pound really counts! Don't give up! If you have been at 120 for years then you will get back to that in no time :)

I really hope so! I'm also around 5'7/5'8, and 22. Just graduated last May so I totally understand the frustration with the expensive Uni gyms...each year of tuition was more than my salary now so, I feel like I should have been getting a personal trainer included haha! Can I ask what your current workout routine is?
    022988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm 5'8" working from 150 to 130 so it's nice to see a very similar comparison. You can definitely see the change!
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look really great! Be proud of that!
    I'm 5'7" too and trying to get to 140 and then see how I feel. You're giving me the motivation today that I need to get it done! Thanks for posting!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    your starting is close to what I am now 5'6" 150. Can't wait to get to 130 :)
  • katealbright
    Options

I really hope so! I'm also around 5'7/5'8, and 22. Just graduated last May so I totally understand the frustration with the expensive Uni gyms...each year of tuition was more than my salary now so, I feel like I should have been getting a personal trainer included haha! Can I ask what your current workout routine is?

I do a lot of different things for exercise -- whatever I feel like I want to do the most that day so I can get into it. Various Jillian Michaels DVDs (Six Week 6 Pack, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, and Killer Buns and Thighs -- all with light weights). I don't follow one JM system or do it everyday, I just do whichever one I feel like and go to the next level whenever I feel like I can. Or sometimes I just make up my own 3-2-1 circuit routine that lasts about 20-25mins. I also do 60-minute vinyasa yoga classes every now and then or run intervals for 1-2miles. So any of these I consider enough exercise for one day and I exercise 2-4x a week. But yeah, mostly it's the DVDs. I also walk a lot because I don't have a car.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!