How often / what day do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Jeffersz
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning wearing only the birthday suit. That frequency of checking works well enough for me.
  • fleur_de_lis19
    fleur_de_lis19 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Once a week. any more than that, and i just drive myself nuts. I try to focus on fitness and inches more than weight.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Daily, but I don't take it seriously. About once a week I'll note on average what I weight and update on here.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    daily, first thing in the morning after a visit to the loo.

started taking measurements too recently, as i havent lost in over a month :smile:
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning. I only track my weight on MFP once a week on Wednesdays. I do track my daily weight on another online tracker though.
  • edward321
    Options
    every day when i wake up
  • Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake up. I can't help myself. I like to see how the food I ate the previous night impacts my weight, but I try to only officially weigh in 1-2 times a week.

exactly what i do. i need new batteries for my scale though =\
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to lose, I weighed 1-3 times per week. Since I've started trying to maintain, I weigh every day so that I can see specifically the things that make me gain or lose a little water weight, always first thing in the morning after the potty, naked. I only log on MFP once a week, every Sunday morning unless I'm traveling and can't use my scale.

I'd like to try to weigh less frequently, but since my weight has been up and down my entire adult life, I'm not comfortable giving up daily weighing right now.
  • katz22
    katz22 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I had a bit to lose I weighed once a week. Now I'm practically at goal, so maybe once a month if that.
  • jjltrader
    Options
    I have weigh in Wednesday. 1st thing in the morning. Gives me a chance to recover from the weekend before I step on the scale. I take measurements every 4 weeks, on Wednesday. Seems to work for me and my schedule. If I have a good week we have pizza Wednesday night.
  • Ilovevwgolf
    Ilovevwgolf Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Officially and for the weigh-in record...every Monday. Unofficially...just for the sake of it...almost everyday..! :)
  • Kynzmomma09
    Kynzmomma09 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    i weigh twice a wk but only put my one wk progress down.. i like to weigh mid wk so i can see my progress. and i weigh at same time every morning when i wake up. :happy:
  • rachaelclark1
    Options
    I was told by my doctor the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after your morning pee but before you've eaten anything or showered. Also always weigh yourself naked. Clothes weigh different amounts and can affect the scale.
  • Becky388
    Becky388 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Every morning at the same time. I like to see the trends as I would get very discouraged if I had one official day and that happened to fall on a high weight day (the trend for me - Monday will be high because of some crap I ate over the weekend, usually Thursday or Friday will be the lowest).
  • RunnerInVT
    RunnerInVT Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Every day before and after a run to make sure I'm not deydrated. I have a notebook in the bathroom.
  • barbzwithtatts
    Options
    Everyday as soon as I wake up. really need to get out of that habit. Once a week is probably best.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Saturday Mornings, every week!
  • SilverSTreakST
    SilverSTreakST Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at least once a day, sometimes twice (looking for changes due to exercise and/or eating). I only log it on MFP when I lose a pound or two and feel confident it's not coming back anytime soon ;-)

With the holidays here my loss has slowed way down, but I am also fast approaching my goal weight so need to start transitioning towards maintenance vs. loss.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor the best time to weigh yourself is in the morning after your morning pee but before you've eaten anything or showered. Also always weigh yourself naked. Clothes weigh different amounts and can affect the scale.

^^ This but I was also told it needed to be after a good night's sleep!
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Once every few days.... only log on MFP when I've lost at least a pound. I use another tool for tracking daily changes and fluctuations.

It's given me a very accurate view. I've lost .84 pounds a week for the past 3 months which leads to a 2940 weekly deficit from my TDEE. According to MFP I'm eating a 2960 weekly calorie deficit from my projected TDEE. So close it's scary :p