I am finally overweight!!

Options
Today's weigh-in proved it... I am overweight. And I couldn't be happier!!!!!! I hit the 26 lb. loss mark today and finally dipped below the "obese" mark on the BMI calculator. I'm so excited and am loving the way my clothes fit now and the new things I have been able to buy.

Next stop... "HEALTHY"!!!!:drinker:

Replies

• bryannakay
    bryannakay Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I am anxious to be there too!!!!! Nice work!!!!!!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Way to go!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Great job! (Funny how most people on this site automatically know what you mean about being happy for finally being overweight lol) I still have about 10 pounds to go and I'll be right there with you. Keep up the good work!! :drinker:
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Great news! Keep up the good work.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ah, I remember when I finally hit overweight instead of obese. :) It's such a relief, isn't it?? Congratulations & keep up the good/hard work!
  • Amfw
    Amfw Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought I was the only one out there looking forward to the overweight mark! Congrats!
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That is awesome!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I hit that mark about two week ago. I was very excited also. I googled all the BMI charts just to make sure it was correct. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That's a huge a accomplishment!
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I hit that mark a few weeks ago which of course sounds ridiculous if I were to verbalize that to anyone in my non MFP family, "Hurray, I'm finally overweight! Hell yeah, I'm no longer obsese!" I'm right there with you. ;) congrats and keep up the good work.
  • Atomaszewski
    Options
    Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great job!
    :happy:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
  • semperfiwife
    Options
    Great job, one more mile stone completed!
  • SisterC
    SisterC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I read your post & smiled...:bigsmile: I know exactly how you feel...you have worked hard...enjoy your day! Hugs, SisterC
  • koalamommy
    koalamommy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU! I hit this exact goal two days ago and I was so happy. Keep up the good work.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I'm only 7 lbs behind you. I can't wait!!!
  • 5326jan
    5326jan Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! We are very similar, with the same goal. I started mid January at 188.8 and I'm at 170 now. You are doing great!!! My weight loss has slowed down so much in the last few weeks. I guess it's normal to lose quickly at first, but it was a lot more motivating to see the pounds dropping every few days. I think I've leveled to about a pound a week. I almost never go over 1000 calories, but I don't work out, so I don't take advantage of the 200 extra calories allowed. (I detest exercise!) I work in the yard, ride my bike around the neighborhood on weekends and I'm active, but not actual exercise, so I don't count it.

One thing I have discovered through trial and error.... mostly error, is that if I have a glass of wine in the evening, I tend to crave snacks while watching tv at night. If I have a cup of tea, I don't think about snacking. Sometimes wine just tastes so good with dinner. :o( I do drink tons of water though.

I just had my 57th birthday this week and for a treat, I didn't indulge in extra calories. I figure the best gift I could give myself is success.

Hey, Just Ann, Your horse looks really tall. My horse (a TB) is 16.2 hands, but either I'm taller or your horse is a warmblood! He looks like a giant next to you!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! :flowerforyou:
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    Well done! Congratulations to everyone who has reached this target :flowerforyou:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is such a blessing! Another goal you can check off your list.:smile: Enjoy and savor the moment and bring it to memory whenever you begin to get discouraged.

Keep up the great work!
  • tryitagain
    Options
    I LOVE it! I can't WAIT till I am overweight!!!! Congratulations and keep it up!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!