I weigh 132 lbs and I am 5ft.. not losing weight

Options
I been eating about 1500 calories a day and running 2.5 miles and nothing seems to work for me. I stay the same. I drink 6- 8 glasses of water and eat fruits, nuts, chicken and veggies... Help

Replies

• laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • rurumomo
    Options
    how do i do that
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    how long have you been doing this
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    go to your home page,or profile,go to the top bar for choices,hit settings,and then touch edit,and go to diary settings
  • rurumomo
    Options
    thank you so much
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am also 5ft, and started 40 days ago at 132 pounds.
    I've lost 6 pounds, and feel much more fit and firm.
    The first couple of weeks I didn't lose weight because I was gaining muscle.
    Then the weight started to drop.

It sounds like you're doing everything right.
    Just be patient. It will come.
  • rurumomo
    Options
    thank u so much!! you guys are so supportive
  • ShawnNhGa1977
    ShawnNhGa1977 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    im 5ft i started aug 2010 and over 2 1/2 years i lost 37.5 lbs but i started here i lost 25 lbs
  • rurumomo
    Options
    oh wow congrats..... its so hard for me sometimes i feel like I am eating too much
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft, 128lbs..... kind of stuck here....
  • rurumomo
    Options
    wow I was 128 until I started stopped going to aerobics class and i gained 4lbs
  • ShawnNhGa1977
    Options
    thank you where you from by the way?
  • rurumomo
    Options
    I am form whittier california and you?
  • ShawnNhGa1977
    Options
    im originally from New hampshire but i live in west central Georgia
  • Jujubie
    Jujubie Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I went to check yournfood diary and most days are empty. Tracking actual food intake is a valuablensource of information to help you in your quest. Try doing it daily.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    If you only have 10 lbs. to go, it's not going to go very fast. Your diary is pretty empty lately, so not much help, but you need to make sure if you are set at 1200 calories that you eat all your exercise calories because you should be set pretty close to your BMR or the minimum number of calories you need to get by. How active are you the rest of the time? For instance, I work out 5 days a week, but I move around a lot in my job, so I have to eat a lot more than 1200 calories. If I were you, I'd try upping my calories a little to see if it jump starts your weight loss. Also, you might need to be doing more than just running, particularly since you say you gained when you stopped aerobics. Have you considered strength training? You don't have to lift heavy, but all women need a little strength or resistance training, even if it's just body weight exercise, in order to hold onto our bones and lean body mass as we age.
  • rurumomo
    Options
    okay thank u... ya i was on weight watchers for a while tracking points and today i finally decided to come back to MFP and try it again. its so hard... I want to lose 5lbs by new years
  • rurumomo
    Options
    no i have tried strength training.. but i should! I just recently came back on this site after doing weight watchers... I need to go back to doing aerobics but at a higher intensity. I am gonna try MFP and see how it works.... thanks you are so much help
  • rurumomo
    Options
    I am pretty active... I eat like 1400-1500 calories a day and workout 45 min 6 days a week
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    hmm... i weigh about 136 and i'm 5'2. alot of the times i get so frustrated because i feel like i am doing so well with my eating, but the number on the scale isn't budging. maybe every day kind of switch up your calorie intake between 1200 and 1500, just to keep your metabolism on its toes. and i'm not sure if you do or not, but don't eat past 7 =) it makes a huge difference.