How did you lose your weight? [Success Stories People]

Options
DarkLuca
DarkLuca Posts: 58 Member
Hey, 3 days ago i had flu, headache etc.., And I couldn't workout so Today I wanted to see my weight, And i gained 4 kg in 3 days..
But, I'm still doing it, But, I want to know how did you lose your weight and not gain it back So you can help me&other people who's struggling like me
Please tell me
How many calories did you ate..
Carbs..
Exercise plan If possible And how many hours/minutes did you exercise
And how many weight did you lose in A week/month.etc

Replies

• rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I started in January I was 172 lbs, I am now 125. I tried 1200 for about 2 weeks but couldn't manage as I was too hungry and ate 1500. I couldn't cope with working out cal expenditure from exercise, just stuck to 1500. I lost on average 1lb a week. In August I commenced 5:2 where I only consume 500 cals 2 days a week, but upped my cal at weekends to 1700. Averages out at 1250 a day. Prior to 5:2 my loss had slowed down, but then it was back up to 1lb a week. I don't worry about carbs protein on MFP, but do eat a heathy balanced diet. In terms of exercise I have made no changes as I already swam 6 days a week and ran 4. What is different is my running, am running faster now that I am not carrying a passenger of 46 lbs.

The work of Lyle McDonald was for me inspirational and has changed my thinking. Very sound rational advice in my opinion

I am 5:4 inches, 50 yr old female

Hope this helps. I am happy to explain further if you wish for any more information

Good luck with your own efforts
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'll give you the run down of what I do, but in all honesty it's not going to matter. :p
    You have to find what works for your body and all that jazz...I'm diabetic as well so that factors into my weight loss efforts a lot as well.
    I eat anywhere from 1200-1700 calories a day plus half of any workout calories.
    I keep my carbs under 170 (Sometimes I hit 200 but it's pretty rare.) Again, that's for someone who's diabetic.
    I mix up my workouts...strength and cardio...30 minutes of walking uphill, and then 40 minutes focusing on lifting for whichever part of my body is on for that day. .I'd say I lose about 3-4 pounds a week. I know it seems really high but my doctor is working with me closely to make sure I'm getting everything I need. :)

-I try not to eat out as much as possible...I've noticed my scale spikes when I eat out. I'm pretty sensitive to sodium.

-My Saturated fat intake is pretty low, BUT I've also brought my Triglycerides down from 900 to 500 in three months. It's definitely worth it.

- I don't eat fried food. Period. It's not worth it to me anymore... I also have pancreantitis from the high triglycerides...so again my diet is somewhat different than most people.

Keep it up, drink enough water (I don't settle on a cup amount, I just listen to my body.)

Also keep in mind that your body is fighting an infection, which might mean you're dehydrated. Which will show a gain...at least it does for me. It is impossible to gain 3 pounds overnight. Don't get discouraged. :)Also when you weigh yourself is important too...after a shower (even if I'm dry) I weigh about 2.4 pounds heavier than normal. Weighing yourself first thing in the morning seems to work best.

The best piece of advice? Don't sweat the small stuff...you can have a piece of pie, or a cheeseburger. It's going to be ok...if you miss out on the gym for a day that's fine :) As long as you pick yourself up and start over, you got this.

I started at 370, I'm 223 going for 175ish.
  • kenwhite0717
    kenwhite0717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    woot!! under 300!

diet and exercise (aided greatly by MFP}:glasses:
  • intotennis
    intotennis Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've battled my weight for most of my life so I guess you could call me a yo-yo dieter; I'd try different diets, lose, gain, etc. About 22 years ago I joined a gym worked out with weights, did aerobics and got into pretty good shape while following the Atkins plan. As life goes, fell in love; got married, had babies & got fat! I'm a tennis nut and play 3 to 4 times a week but still wasn't losing weight. In 2009 I saw a picture of myself & couldn't believe how big I had gotten, I'm 5' 4" and my largest weight was over 187lbs. I found and joined WW and lost about 50 lbs and felt pretty good but still not happy with my body image.

This August my hubby and I started P90X program so I'll put down what I followed during P90X. I followed the Phase One "Fat Shredder (50/30/20)" program for most of the time but the last 3 weeks I went on Phase Two "Energy Booster (40/40/20), I needed more complex carbs to help keep my energy up. I'm 5'4" and started at 150lbs so I made sure to eat 1200 calories a day. I was a little hungry the first week but my body did adjust and I was fine. I did NOT eat back any exercise calories and I made sure to eat all of the 1200 cals and didn't worry about going over just a few. The most important thing to me was eating all my Protein and the right Macros (If you need more info with Macros, just let me know).

Pre-logging your food dairy is a must! If I didn't pre-plan or pre-log I'd surely mess up my numbers. I tried to eat as clean as possible but once in awhile I'd treat myself to something gooey.

Fighting my weight for most of my life I have learned it's not just about working out and consuming calories, You must eat healthy so your body will work at its peak performance and you will lose weight. I would highly recommend some type of workout program whether DVD's or a gym. You really do need to watch your protein and good carbs, plus you need to drink 1/2 your body weight in water. Protein builds muscle and complex carbs help energy. There's a saying " If you Great Great Grandfather didn't eat it, then neither should you".

Change is hard but you need to make some; nutrition is a BIG factor in you weigh loss success, if you go thru the motions and not eat correctly you will not see the results your dreaming of.

Hope this helps,
    Sheri

If you'd like to see my "Success Story" go to the below address:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/799545-p90x-successful-at-54-yrs-women
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I gave up beer and soda..that made a big difference
    I religiously track the food I eat...that made a big difference
    I only get coffee or water at fast food joints (in the drive through lane, when I'm too lazy to get out of my car)
    I try to eat out only on special occaisions.
    I do lots of cardio (elliptical and bike riding mainly). I also started lifting weights at the gym for fun, but I don't think it helped with fat loss too much...however, I am positive the extra muscle has increased my metabolism.
    I've also been patient (its been 15 months) and if I have a bad day, or an occaisional 5 guys burger, I don't worry about it too much.

I'm a 5' 11" 41yo man. I was around 250, but i don't know the exact weight, since I was too embarrased to get on the scale, but now Im around 200 lbs.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    The first 130lbs i lost just calorie counting and i lost 2 lbs a week
  • refinley2
    refinley2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I went from 204 to 182 from September to December (about seven pounds a month.)

I cut carbonated beverages, fastfood, milk, cheese, deli meats, and candy. Half my diet is fruits and vegetables and I only drink water. I work out by running about 6 miles a week (slowly) and elliptecal twice a week for half an hour. I don't log my calories, just my excercise, to make sure I'm still in a caloric deficit.

I'm 5'8, 19, and womanly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!