How often / what day do you weigh yourself?

124»

Replies

• Once a week- Wednesdays for me.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    When I wake up and before I go to sleep. I like the knowledge and reassurance that I have not actually gained 2 lbs, it's just water.
  • Thanks everyone. I understand that the scale definitely isn't all that matters, since muscle is more dense... however not owning a scale is kind of annoying when I need it to update my heart rate monitor, calorie needs, etc. :)
  • Also if you end up gaining muscle and use a hrm, do you still adjust your weight on it or no considering it's not fat to be burned?
  • honestly, i weigh myself every day, and it's a horrible habit. i used to only weigh in on sundats, but now i have to weigh in like, every day.. the only problem is that my weight fluctuates day by day so sometimes it gets me really down when the number on the scale isn't what i am expecting to see in the morning
  • honestly, i weigh myself every day, and it's a horrible habit. i used to only weigh in on sundats, but now i have to weigh in like, every day.. the only problem is that my weight fluctuates day by day so sometimes it gets me really down when the number on the scale isn't what i am expecting to see in the morning

Aw, I need to begin taking measurements too, weight fluctuation happens a lot for me-__-
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    I rarely weight myself. I just go by how my clothes fit, that's all that matter. I have an ideal size not weight, because I lift weights and muscles weight more than fat!!
  • I rarely weight myself. I just go by how my clothes fit, that's all that matter. I have an ideal size not weight, because I lift weights and muscles weight more than fat!!

This is true!! but, not knowing your weight, how do you know how many calories you should be eating and stuff? Sorry, I think so deep into it and that's one thing that confuses me!
  • i try to only weigh myself once or twice a month since your body weight can go up and down very often. and if you weigh yourself at the beginning of the month and at the end you will get better results and you won't discourage yourself if you don't lose the ammount of weight in one week.
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Once a week, I started on a Sunday and Sunday has been my weigh in since I started and i weigh myself every week in the morning naked after i used the bathroom
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    My official day is Thursdays not sure why. But always first thing before eating or drinking anything and after going to the bathroom!
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Howdy! I weight in once a month! I'm not a scale person. I just focus more on how my clothes are fitting. And if I'm buying smaller sizes
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    Also if you end up gaining muscle and use a hrm, do you still adjust your weight on it or no considering it's not fat to be burned?

Yes, record it. It affects how many calories you use to do the exercise (how much weight you are carrying, pushing).
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    I'm one of those "bad" folks that weighs daily. However, I realize that there are ups and downs. So long as the overall trend is down, I don't worry too much about it. I also only record the "victories" in MFP. Perhaps this is the wrong way to do it, but it keeps me positive and motivated.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    I weigh on monday's, naked after evacuation, before intake. I also use, how my body looks, measure 1 x a month, and how my cloths fit, or fall off.... So dont go crazy with the scale, there are multiple ways to judge.
  • Also if you end up gaining muscle and use a hrm, do you still adjust your weight on it or no considering it's not fat to be burned?

Yes, record it. It affects how many calories you use to do the exercise (how much weight you are carrying, pushing).

Awesome. I'm wondering because I don't want to over or underestimate my intake by how much I burn, especially knowing that the more you weigh the more you burn.. guess it applies to both muscle and fat gains
  • agtitus
    agtitus Posts: 26 Member
    I weigh myself multiple times a day and it seems to work for me, I hear once a week works well for some people tho too ;)
  • jhassan1980
    jhassan1980 Posts: 28 Member
    I weigh myself daily. Terrible habit.. Sucker for punishment I guess.

I only track my weight once a week. Sunday mornings.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    i personally weiggh myself every morning. im pregnant n paranoid im gaining weight i shouldnt lol