Exercise Equipment

Options
Has any one got a tread climber by bow-flex? I am looking at machines that are not as bad on the knees for my home. I use the elliptical at the gym, and I heard that this was good. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Replies

• allisonistrying
    Options
    I am so glad you asked because I've been wondering, too. I use either a recumbent bike (home) or elliptical (gym) but am thinking of "upgrading" the bike. Thanks for starting this thread!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    You don't need expensive equipment to do low impact workouts. In fact, many workouts that are thought of as high impact (such as jumping rope, for instance) actually turn out to be low impact when done properly and in specific variations. What exactly are your goals? And what do you do for resistance training?
  • KelliW_runner
    KelliW_runner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with it. If you want to make the investment then good for you. I would be more inclined to invest in dumbells, resistance bands, plyo boxes, etc. than can be used for either HIIT or low intensity interval trainings - then you have the flexibility to vary the workout and muscle groups.

If you really want a cardio machine with low knee impact, consider a Nordic track. I used to have one - picked it up used for $100. Required some coordination but it was a good workout.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical and just got off of it..comes in handy having it at home.. I bought a nordi track and it has a front wheel instead of back wheel so it is a little smaller than the ones at the gym..
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I don't have one but my younger sister does. It's a bit odd when you walk on it since there are two tracks that move independently of each other. She loves hers, but since I've only used it a couple times I'm not as big of a fan...for me I have a hard time finding my stride, I find the distance between the two tracks to be off for me...almost feel like I have to walk a bit unnaturally.