What's your favorite healthy cereal?

Options
Mine's Special K Fruit and Yogurt cereal. It's tasty and 3/4 cup of that is pretty filling with a little (1/2 cup) 2% milk.

I'm just afraid I'm starting to get tired of it, and as much as I wish Golden Grahams had a place in a balanced diet, I just don't think that's the case. Boooo..

So.. I'm open to new suggestions.

Replies

• thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    Options
    Kelloggs Product 19 is my absolute favorite cereal! it has 100% of many of your daily vitamins and minerals. it's fun to snack on too - super crispy!
  • tansyf
    tansyf Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have porridge with honey and linseed every day, its lovely and creamy, fills you up and keeps you feeling fuller for longer, its also good on cold mornings, I know its not everyones cup of tea, but I really love it xxx
  • tomtrl
    tomtrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have Cheerios with skim milk and fresh strawberries and blueberries.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    All of Kashi's are pretty good (and sometimes I can find them in the clearance bin at Kroger for like, $2! SCORE!) but lately I've been shopping in the organic cereal aisle where I get a brand called Mom's Best. They're all-natural, whole grain cereals and I swear their version of Cheerios are BETTER than Cheerios and they don't taste "all-natural" and "whole grain" if you know what I mean. :) They're about $2 per box, too so not bad. I really love their version of Honey Bunches of Oats.
  • dolphin7
    dolphin7 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I just ate a bowl of Total Blueberry/Pomegranate and it was pretty good, plus it has 100% iron, which is what I need being anemic.
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    I love cheerios and multi grain cheerios!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love Special K Blueberry! It is my favorite - I'll mix it up and switch oatmeal every once in a while - just to be different! Multi Grain Cheerios are pretty good too, they have just a hint of sweetness that I sometimes crave in the morning!
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    Nestle Cookie Crisp =]
  • skroll
    skroll Posts: 24
    Options
    I have oatmeal and OJ every morning. For my after school snack I have a small bowl of raisin bran.
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love Special K Blueberry too! I also switch between that and oatmeal with a tsp of brown sugar. Today though I gave GM Oatmeal Crisp Hearty Raisin a whirl and it was pretty good... not too sure how healthy it is though- 230 cals for 1 cup of the cereal alone. UGH! Oh well... it was good!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Bobs Red Mill 10 grain cereal (it's like steel cut oatmeal but with other grains) or Kashi Flakes or Vive and when I'm feeling :devil: I eat Mother's Cocoa Bumpers.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    All of Kashi's are pretty good (and sometimes I can find them in the clearance bin at Kroger for like, $2! SCORE!) but lately I've been shopping in the organic cereal aisle where I get a brand called Mom's Best. They're all-natural, whole grain cereals and I swear their version of Cheerios are BETTER than Cheerios and they don't taste "all-natural" and "whole grain" if you know what I mean. :) They're about $2 per box, too so not bad. I really love their version of Honey Bunches of Oats.

I just recently tried Mom's Best shredded wheat and I thought they were excellent for the price and for an organic cereal.
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Product 19 with banana and skim milk!
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I like fruit/nut granola with 1% milk heated up in the microwave, then add a bit more milk. Taste a little bit like flavored instant oatmeal.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the cheap store brand called Great Valu Bran cereal! I have it with skim milk & a banana! So yummy & healthy!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    Options
    I try to only eat organic, and Cascadian Farms Dark Chocolate Almond Granola is super yummy. 1 serving is 3/4 cup, pair that with 1/2 cup organic skim milk, and I'm all set :)
  • Adam13523
    Adam13523 Posts: 25
    Options
    I switch between Special K vanilla almond and the Special K fruit and yogurt
  • marii92
    marii92 Posts: 77
    Options
    Nestle cereals are all whole-grain, so you can try them =]
    There's Honey Cheerios, Coco Shreddies, Cookie Crisp...
    And I lurve Weetabix Minis Choco ♥♥ It is my absolute favourite especially with warm skimmed milk =]
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Soooo many good ideas. I'm probably going to try a few of these just so I can switch it up for my sanity from day to day.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Kashi LEAN - measure your portion...good as a finger snack too!