My greyhound's visit with Santa

Options
RoadsterGirlie
RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
Untitled.jpg

She asked for pork, sirloin, shredded beef. pizza, pasta, cheeses and belly rubbings. I think she's trying to increase her calorie intake.

Replies

• RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    PumaSanta.jpg
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    UP-squirrel.gif
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    I heart Doug.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    With all the problems of pet obesity, I don't think I've ever seen a fat Greyhound. Maybe their owners are just more careful about it?
  • hollykaplan
    Options
    AWW!
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    so very cute!!!!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Gotta fuel those runs!

Is she a rescue?

(edited to correct gender pronoun!)
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    With all the problems of pet obesity, I don't think I've ever seen a fat Greyhound. Maybe their owners are just more careful about it?
    My mother own's a Greyhound mix. They can get VERY fat, but it's in their DNA to want to constantly be active. Dany (my mother's dog) wants to run ALL the flippin' time. She recently recovered from an injury, but while she was healing, she chunked up quite a bit.

So, Greyhounds definitely get fat, but it rarely happens and it has little to do with their owners. It's just in their DNA to run, run, run.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    How freaking adorable is she! :heart:
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    PumaSanta.jpg
    awww cute picture!
  • Peasley7
    Peasley7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cute! Merry Christmas to both of you! :)
  • em3120
    em3120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Awwwww! How sweet! I wish I could get my dog to sit with Santa, but she would not do it!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Well, to answer a couple of questions, she does not sit. Their backs are very long, and it's not a comfortable or natural position for them. She is either laying down or standing up - there's no in-between. That's why she's not sitting in the picture.

Greyhounds are naturally very skinny, but she also eats like a bird. She's very picky, and if her kibble isn't prepared to her liking, she will snub it. She's quite a priss.

Yep, she's a retired racer. We got her when she was five years old. She had won a lot of races, and they tried to breed her. It didn't take, she was sent to a greyhound rescue agency, and we got her through them.

Both ears are tattooed. This happens to all racing greyhounds. One ear has her birthday, and the other has her litter number. There is a website where I can type in her litter number, and I can trace her lineage going back to the 1700s. It's pretty amazing...
  • RoadsterGirlie
    Options
    Her name is Puma, btw. :)
  • adiefuhren
    Options
    SO ADORABLE! I am a fellow greyhound owner... I hope to rescue another soon! She's precious!!!
  • VitaBailey
    VitaBailey Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How wonderful. I love the pictures.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    AWwwww! Thanks for sharing. So cute.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Puma is a cutie!!!!