Green coffee

Options
Has anyone tried this? My health food store is making some pretty strong claims for it as a metabolism booster, which I am taking to be marketing based, but then I thought maybe it is a similar deal to green tea i.e. no miracle but a little boost to a healthy diet.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    no
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I drink ONLY green coffee. No sugar & only a dash of milk. I think it does help a little & I'm not a fan of green tea so it's easier to take. Nescafe here sell green coffee.
  • tannity2
    tannity2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it -- what's it like?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    This, along with raspberry ketones and a ton of other supposed metabolism boosting or fat burning products, is something Dr. Oz is pushing, so i would definitely say it's a waste of money.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this? My health food store is making some pretty strong claims for it as a metabolism booster, which I am taking to be marketing based, but then I thought maybe it is a similar deal to green tea i.e. no miracle but a little boost to a healthy diet.

Thanks in advance

No and I never will. Just cause something was on the Dr.Oz show they are going nuts trying to market it. Green tea is great for you !!! probably will do more then this stupid green coffee and guess what green teas been around forever. Any time they are promising a million things with lots of results then its full of **** !!! just eat healthy and get regular excersize
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yes, I got sucked in.........No it did absolutely nothing for me. Just another scam!
  • zundel93
    zundel93 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tried it...and need less to say I gained weight on it and now I'm back to my old diet and exercise.
  • InPieces3
    Options
    My sister jumped on that bandwagon and didn't lose anything. But she also didn't change her eating habits nor did she exercise. She thought she could just take the pill like Dr. Oz said and it would all just magically disappear.

I'm old school.....
    Change your eating habits, and exercise. Period. I think it would be pretty awesome to find a magic pill that cures obesity... really... or that makes your metabolism speed up. But that isn't happening... because we as society just need to realize that we are eating a lot of junk and not exercising as much as we should. ((now unless there is a medical reason you aren't losing weight))

I guess she learned her lesson.... because she didn't buy anymore. She was so excited... and then gained 5 lbs last month due to being depressed over it not working. ((well she pretty much ate her feelings away))
    She refuses to exercise and thinks pills are the answer though. :(

So.... No it didn't work for my sister either... if that helps you out any.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Never heard of it. I love green tea though, especially matcha
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks. We don't get Dr Oz in Scotland, so I hadn't heard of it before and I thought it was a drink not a pill. This explains a lot though.

We get someone called Gillian McKeith, who recommends all kind of stupid things (and rakes in people's toliets to inspect what they have been eating). Bleurgh!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I prefer a dark roast