Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

1 lb yo-yo

izzyandobo
izzyandobo Posts: 41
edited September 18 in Motivation and Support
Does anyone else have this problem - or solutions to this problem?
I will lose 1 lb in a week and then the next week gain 1 lb. My food and exercise seems to be about the same quantity week to week. What gives? PLEASE help me. Is there diet or exercise plan that works better for people with a stubborn set weight?

Replies

• izzyandobo
    Does anyone else have this problem - or solutions to this problem?
    I will lose 1 lb in a week and then the next week gain 1 lb. My food and exercise seems to be about the same quantity week to week. What gives? PLEASE help me. Is there diet or exercise plan that works better for people with a stubborn set weight?
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    how much are you eating? and are you eating your excercise calories?
  • izzyandobo
    I am eating all of my exercise calories. Could that be a problem. I am set on the 1 1/2 lbs lost per week profile. When I tried to change it to 2 lbs per week it kept me at 1200 calories (before my exercise). Maybe I just burn fewer then typical calories during a workout session. Is there a way to determine more accurately how many calories are burned during exercise? I think I could go on Survivor and not lose any weight.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    hi

try this; I think its a more realistic calculator than others online

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_loss.php - exercise calories burned

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-beer-bud-light-4-2-alc_f-Y2lkPTM5NTgwJmJpZD0xNDImZmlkPTY3NDQyJmVpZD0yODMzNzc1NDQmcG9zPTEmcGFyPSZrZXk9QnVkd2Vpc2Vy.html - for calorie content - I find some of the stuff entered on this site is inaccurate and I keep my own lists from packaging off food first and then I use this website so I know the content is correct,

Mags

60770.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • izzyandobo
    I just checked out that website. I think it might really help me. I calculated the calories burned doing the elleptical trainer. It told me that I burn 175 calories in 30 min vs. the 303 calories that comes up in the exercise log. Perhaps I should try just eating half my exercise calories to compensate for the overestimation of calories burned. It also told me I should have a 583 calorie deficit instead of 500. Thank you.
  • Mags
    Mags Posts: 91 Member
    give it a go... yeah the calories burned is more conservative, prefer to err on the side of caution myself though I do still eat the calories burnt off and if I go over occassionally I don't stress too much as I tend to stick to the 1200 + calories burnt theory for what I can have that day so am always on the lower rung OF calories taken in and more weight burnt end of scale

Mags
This discussion has been closed.