71lbs down - 5ft4 - 218lbs to 147lbs - Pics

Options
Hi Guys

The success stories really motivated me to get my bum in to gear and do something about my weight.

So, January of this year, I plugged in my numbers to MFP and followed the calorie allowance given (which was 1200 cal). I always worked to a weekly allowance rather than a daily one and as long as my weekly allowance was on target, I lost weight.

Initially, I lost 2lbs a week but after a couple of months it went down to 1lb per week. I didn't give up and all those 1lb weight losses added up to 71lbs.

I went on to maintenance calories at the end of September (1680 cals) and I have maintained my weight at 147lbs, which I am really happy about! Maintenance really scared me and it was becoming such a huge brain drain as I was so convinced I would gain weight immediately.

I plan to lose another 14lbs in the New Year and see how I feel before deciding on an end goal weight. I am not happy where I am but I am so pleased to say I actually bought a dress today!!!!

Start weight: 218lbs

218TheBeginning.jpg

Now: 147lbs - The dress I bought today!

147-1.jpg

Recent pic:

147.jpg

I wish everyone all the best, through the good and the bad days!

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    awesome results! good for you!
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    great work, you look fantastic
  • MalDunc2012
    MalDunc2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Rockin it! Way to go, sister!
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Good job and nice dress.
  • meaghand83
    Options
    way to go! :)
  • Gigglie_01
    Gigglie_01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look wonderful
  • WendyFlynn
    WendyFlynn Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your lovely replies, it means a lot to me.

I don't wear dresses, ever, so it's a pretty big thing for me to buy one!!
  • rxman13
    rxman13 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    wow Stunnung
  • ohmelgosh79
    ohmelgosh79 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look amazing!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You look amazing.
  • SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look spectacular! I would be ecstatic to look like you do and have come so far, you deserve to be happy with your accomplishments!
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful!
  • Patriceazebbar
    Options
    You look GREAT! Now I'm just hoping I can do the same thing....do you have any advice?:sad:
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting I really needed a dose of motivation today. You have come so far! Good luck with the next 14lbs sounds like you have the right formula!
  • jdforshort
    jdforshort Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Oh wow Wendy, you look great! What a transformation and Inspiration for me!

I started around about the same weight as you and am thinking of 140 as the target weight! Just like you, I lost 1 and 1/2 to 2 lb/ week initially but slowed down to 1/2 - 1 lb/ week , in between gaining couple of pounds because of being away on vacation! Probably on plateau in November! But like you say never give up!
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    You look GREAT! Now I'm just hoping I can do the same thing....do you have any advice?:sad:

Thank you!

Just stick at it one day at a time, don't deprive yourself of any one food group and try to keep moving. If you have a bad day, or two, or three, just start afresh. I must remember this myself for January!
  • WendyFlynn
    Options
    Oh wow Wendy, you look great! What a transformation and Inspiration for me!

I started around about the same weight as you and am thinking of 140 as the target weight! Just like you, I lost 1 and 1/2 to 2 lb/ week initially but slowed down to 1/2 - 1 lb/ week , in between gaining couple of pounds because of being away on vacation! Probably on plateau in November! But like you say never give up!

You've done brilliantly! Well done.

It's funny isn't it, we think the little losses are frustrating and we 'earned' more, but they all add up. Slow and steady eh?
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    That's a great inspiration! Thank you for sharing your victory, especially your maintenance!
  • muscat_princess
    Options
    u r a motivation for me! im admire your success!
  • Pandita817
    Options
    Good for you! I am just starting my journey to a healthier, better looking me... Your success is so inspirational! I'm starting almost exactly where you started and I plan to reach around 130 lbs in a year or two with a 1200 calorie diet and exercising daily... Are there any tips you could share that may be of any help? Thanks for proving that it can be done! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!