Jogging NSV!!

Options
chocl8girl
chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
Oh my GOSH, guys!!! I jogged for an ENTIRE mile today on the treadmill WITHOUT stopping! Granted, it took me a little over 13 minutes at 4.5 mph, and according to MFP, that doesn't even crack the jogging barrier, but at 5'1", you better believe my little legs were jogging! LMAO! Then I walked for about 15 minutes at 3.5 mph, and decided to try again, and jogged for ANOTHER 1/2 mile! That's about 20 minutes of jogging altogether!

This is coming from someone who NEVER managed to jog more than 2/10 of a mile at a time. I literally could not believe myself. Although I think being inside on the treadmill, alone in my apartment building gym helped a lot...outside I tend to feel so self-conscious. I still really don't like running much, but I am SO proud of myself that I can do it at all!

*does crazy happy dance*

Replies

• thegummyking
    Options
    Great job! The healthier you are, the more exercise you'll be able to do. I recently discovered that I can run for a lot longer than before so I know what you feel like!
  • sannsk
    sannsk Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Like!
  • smousley
    Options
    Cograts!!! I love jogging NSV's, they always feel great! It really shows how much effort you are putting into getting healthy :)
  • KristenF101
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Nice! I'm 5'2", so I'm right there with you when it comes to speed. 4.5 mph is jogging for me and my tiny legs. I think my upper limit is flirting with 6 mph, if I sprint. I don't know how much of that is a function of height and how much is a function of weight, though.
  • AfroKaos
    Options
    That feeling IS amazing!! SO happy for you. :drinker:
  • nomsquared
    nomsquared Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!! Running is not easy! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
  • droolie2
    Options
    woo hoo! awesome job! Keep up the good work and the POSITIVE attitude! YAY!
  • jrojeck
    jrojeck Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I know just how you feel. It's so exhilarating seeing progress like that. Keep it up!
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    I know what you saying!!I was not into running at all,but one day I decided to try it...I can not stop now !!! I run outside,when weather is good,I run home,it gives an amasing feeling!!!U go girl!!try to stand instead of sitting when you get chance too.standing is amazing calorie burner-I learned it from MFP.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!