Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

alcohol?

do you track them on mfp? yes / no

Replies

• shanise1978
    shanise1978 Posts: 8 Member
    Yes I do!!????
  • YES....they are calories (some being very high calories - depending on what you are drinking) I always track it....
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Yes. Always.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Yes, definately. It contains lots of sugar..........however over the festive season it may be difficult but also make sure you eat enough too.
  • portwein
    portwein Posts: 29 Member
    Yes, but only interested in how it affects my carb intact.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Of course. Alcohol has calories.
  • yup... its usually only 1-2 glasses of wine or a beer.. but that is not often at all...
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Of course.

Though I don't drink as much (or often) as some, that is my biggest calorie-busting downfall.

But, for better or worse it does affect your total calories. And part of my biggest downfall initially was that I was too chicken to confront my issues and admit how MUCH I consistently took in, calorie-wise. Once i started tracking, it's made a HUGE difference and I'm consistently losing (even if not as fast as I'd ideally like) instead of consistently gaining. But hey, not bad considering I'm not really making any HUGE changes -- more just plain being aware, and only eating a "serving" of anything and stopping when I'm hungry rather than keep stuffing my face just because stuff is still available :)
  • I always track my alcohol cos its full of calories. It also makes a huge difference what you drink - I used to love a glass of wine or two when out and about but after doing a search of different drinks I found that a glass of scotch mixed with soda water was half the calories...
  • I definitely never want to, but it's a big part of the reason I gained a lot of weight after I turned 21. Calories from alcohol add up WAY faster than what you would think so it's very important to log!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    mmm alcohol, yes please!!!

What is on offer :bigsmile:

Of course I will add it to my diary!!!
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    I do...to make it easy I stick to liquor, neat or on the rocks! :P
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Always. I didn't when I first started because I keep my diary open. But WTH, I drink on Friday and Saturday nights - religiously (lol), so what? I log EVERYTHING now.
  • Ronamission
    Ronamission Posts: 13 Member
    I added an extra tab under "snacks" for "Cocktails". There are a lot alcohols listed in the food section.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Omg of course. It's sugar. Track the mutha!
  • portwein
    portwein Posts: 29 Member
    Hey, you're only 20! Worry about your alcohol intact next year!
  • NGT351
    NGT351 Posts: 31 Member
    Yeah...you gotta log it. Despite my profile pic, I'm not a big drinker. But my consumption during Oktoberfest and football season definitely shoots up my calorie intake. The crappy food that goes along with it doesn't help. Self discipline and regular workouts are the key. Being honest with your logs and the feedback from your MFP friends helps.
  • Uh, yea!! I had a few glasses of wine last night and it was over 500 calories.
  • AlisalGal
    AlisalGal Posts: 88 Member
    I need to start - I've clearly been in denial and my S-L-O-W loss rate is evidence!! I know this makes me sound like a lush, but I hope that if I honestly track I will drink less.
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Of course I do.

But I don't track my water intake. I drink it, just don't track it.