Pregnancy 2010 - Week 12

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a)wanting to drop some weight before TTC
b) TTC
c) Pregnant

Wednesdays are our days to weigh in, and we have started having weekly challenges. IThis weeks challenge is to work out at least 4 days out of 7.

Welcome! The more the merrier!

Replies

• tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I finally broke my plateau!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile:

CW: 194.5

I have been trying really hard this week, and I am glad to see it pay off. Hopefully I can see some more progress in the coming weeks. Also, I finally took my measurements, and I am hoping to hold of 1 whole month before taking them again, with hopes of seeing a big change!

Hope you are all doing well, and that all the mommies to be are feeling great!
  • thegreshams
    Options
    Hi Amanda!
    I would love to join this group! I need some motivation! I look forward to meeting everyone!

Amy
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    142 lbs. this morning. Not too bad given that i ate so much this past weekend :)
  • adegonia
    adegonia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    141 today...Up a pound but I'm on day 20 and lost the first 4 fast so I think maybe my body is getting used to eating fewer calories. I am hoping to get down to 135 before summer so I can enjoy being in shape before August comes(baby making time) I hate having to wait until then, I have baby fever pretty bad, but getting healthy has been a great distraction and when it is time to start trying the baby will benefit.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! Going to TTC in May/June and still have 10 to go! Great! I'm sooooo excited!
  • peskyesk
    peskyesk Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi can I join you lovely mums to be,
    I am losing weight and getting fit in prep for my last pregnancy. I am hoping that by August September time I will have reached my weight loss goal and maintained it for a month or 2 so i can TTC .
    I need all the support I can drum up as I have a lot of weight to shift.:blushing:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    OOO.....i totally want to join. I'm looking to TTC this summer, this will be my first so I would love to drop 15 to 20 lbs. I've dropped 8 since i started in Jan. I totally need to keep focused and motivated.

CW: 185
    GW: 160
  • tahmed
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies. It is so exciting to see so many of us all in the same position. Trying to get healthier before bring a baby into the world! I am planning to start trying in June or July. We are going to Mexico for the 4th of July...and my husband is hoping for some Mexico magic :blushing:
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm the total opposite of most of you....I am up .5 this week. And I'm happy about that! The last few weeks have been 1-2.5 lbs in a week.....and I'm still working out. I think I might give birth to a horse! :) Great job on all the mommies to be for getting a healthy lifestyle - it really helps!!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I lost again this week. Only 0.2lbs, but still I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week! Errr
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Just found out I'm pregnant yesterday after trying for 2 years and 3 months. I don't want to gain back the 50 lbs I've lost since Jan 09 with this pregnancy. I only gained 40 with my daughter, but I had preeclampsia with her and lost about 30 4 days after having her.
    I'm so proud and happy for your ladies working to get your bodies ready for a baby, I wish I would have done that with my daughter. It's hard enough to take care of a new born, let alone when it's hard to get your fat butt off the couch to tend to them :happy: :flowerforyou:

What type of exercise are you ladies doing? I use to do Jillian Michales 30 Day Shred and BFBM, but I'm afraid to do them while pregnant because they are so intense. I feel I need to add I had a miscarriage a year ago last October so I'm a little nervous this time around.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Just found out I'm pregnant yesterday after trying for 2 years and 3 months. I don't want to gain back the 50 lbs I've lost since Jan 09 with this pregnancy. I only gained 40 with my daughter, but I had preeclampsia with her and lost about 30 4 days after having her.
    I'm so proud and happy for your ladies working to get your bodies ready for a baby, I wish I would have done that with my daughter. It's hard enough to take care of a new born, let alone when it's hard to get your fat butt off the couch to tend to them :happy: :flowerforyou:

What type of exercise are you ladies doing? I use to do Jillian Michales 30 Day Shred and BFBM, but I'm afraid to do them while pregnant because they are so intense. I feel I need to add I had a miscarriage a year ago last October so I'm a little nervous this time around.

I had pre- e to and had the same thing. Are you worried about that with this baby? We are going to try soon and I'm FREAKING OUT about getting that again!
  • tahmed
    Options
    Just had to comment.....My Pants Fit!!!!

I bought them 8 months ago, as they were really cute. I have been trying them on about once a month, and today....they fit! With a bit of room to spare.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Congrats Tahmed on the pants!

And welcome and congrats kiffypooh!!!

I also stopped my workout videos. I personally haven't had a miscarriage, but have a lot of friends who have and so I had a lot of fear early on about very strenuous exercise. I've just been walking for exercise, but at the same time I'm still losing weight when I'm supposed to be gaining so I'm trying not to do too much. :-(
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey all.

Just a quick update - home from surgery, found out that I have some light endometriosis, and the septum couldn't be removed since it turned out to be strong muscle. The doc said my uterus looked good, and was a viable cavity that should expand well when we conceive.

On that note, they said that I should try in the next 6 months, but we really need to wait for 9 so we can have had some time to ourselves in our marriage and relationship, without anything major going on. So we'll know more when we have the follow up with the doc in a few weeks.

Also, I had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic, and had a rough night last night. I got home a few hours and won't be moving too well for a little while. If anyone has advice about dealing with the carbon dioxide bubbles?

Welcome to the new ladies! I'll be more cheerful soon!
  • kiffypooh
    Options

I had pre- e to and had the same thing. Are you worried about that with this baby? We are going to try soon and I'm FREAKING OUT about getting that again!

I am a little freaked about about this time, but I've lost 57 lbs which I think will help a little. I also think my new dr will be paying attention to the signs a little more. I had major swelling and weight gain weeks before I was diagnosed and I think if my dr wasn't so judgmental about the weight she would have noticed something wasn't going right. There really isn't anything we can do (that I know of) besides stay healthy and think positive. I was lucky, my daughter was only 11 days early so it wasn't too bad for me. My co-worker at the time had her daughter at like 27 weeks or something (her daughter is now a sr in high school and a great kid), so I feel very lucky!!!
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    Tahmed: Congrats on the pants fitting, that's so exciting!!!!

Angela: I think I'll stick with the walking too. My gym has a pool and water aerobic, and I plan to do that, but I only have so much time right now. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels a little cautious. My BFF told me to keep doing what I'm doing because my body is use to it (which I'm sure she's right) but it still freaks me out a bit.

Jalara: What are carbon dioxide bubbles? I had some gas bubble things after my c-section, is that what you are talking about? I'm not sure what your procedure was for, but I'm glad everything is looking up.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

So I'm online looking to see if I can eat frozen yogurt or not while pregnant. I heard last year that you should eat soft serve because of bactiria (the one that starts with an L and can be found in lunch meats, hot dogs, etc) builds up the machines. Well, frozen yogurt comes out of those machines and is a huge staple of our summers here. Anyhow, I was trying to find it and found this on web md about preeclampsia and thought it may be helpful: I plan to start these tomorrow although I happen to be eating strawberries and banana's anyways right now. I guess my body knew :laugh:

Banana Strawberry Smoothie. This drink is so packed with baby-friendly nutrients it could help reduce pregnancy complications. In a study published in the journal Epidemiology doctors found pregnant women who consumed lots of C-rich foods - such as bananas and strawberries -- had a lower risk of preeclampsia. Studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill show women lacking vitamin C during pregnancy may have an increased risk of premature rupture of membranes -- a leading cause of premature birth. Plus, experts say high-calcium foods like yogurt and milk may help control fluid retention which may further decrease your risk of high blood pressure. To make a smoothie: Combine strawberries and bananas with low-fat milk, or yogurt, plus some ice, in a high-speed blender. Blend until creamy and smooth -- and drink up!
  • tahmed
    Options
    jalara - I am so glad things went well for you. I didn't check into MFP over the weekend, but I kept thinking about you.

I had a very good weekend. We went to the gym on Saturday, and I got in what I think was probably the best workout I have ever had at a gym. Yesterday, I was in charge of an easter egg launch at my church with about 900 people in attendence. I was running, lifting, and moving around from 7:30 am until 5pm. I hurt everywhere today, but thats OK, because at least I know I was buring fat and calories the whole day!
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group if it's still possible. I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. I recently lost 30 pounds over the last few months, and now get to gain it all back! I am hoping with this site, I will learn more about being pregnant, and staying healthy so that I don't put too much back on. This is my first pregnancy, and I have no idea what to expect.