Feeling sad after great weekends

Options
HappilySingle
HappilySingle Posts: 149 Member
So since this is the chit-chat board I'm hoping someone out here can help me.

A little background:
I am divorced with 3 kids; I began dating a wonderful guy about 3 months ago.

He lives 1.5 hours (each way) away. I go up there there weekend. He has offered to come down here and rent a room (no, lol, just so we have somewhere to hang out) as I am not ready to introduce him to the kids.

Every weekend when I leave there I just feel a sense of "sad" or "down". I'm not sad that I'm leaving him (I don't think). And I really have a terrific time with him. He's amazing. Truly almost perfect.

But I can't understand why I have this sense of sadness/Feeling down every weekend.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• athens1000
    athens1000 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I cant imagine the reason for your 'sadness', but my suggestion would be to feel thankful that you have found a person you are compatible with, are happy with, can joke around with, and be yourself with. Being thankful always makes me feel better, because when I actually sit back and take a look at all I have around me, I feel happy.
    Good Luck!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Because tomorrow is Monday.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Could be lots of things. But I'd suggest figuring the reason out before you bring the kids into it. Incase
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    sounds to me like you have feelings for him that you dont want to admit to yourself maybe? if he is that perfect i would hang on to him!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,045 Member
    Options
    You'd rather be cuddled in his arms than go to a soul-sucking job tomorrow? I dunno. Just guessing here.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    After I have a great weekend, I'm sad too when the week starts. For a while, my boyfriend and I only saw each other on weekends. It sucked. Sometimes I only saw him every other weekend. On Monday, I'd be sad that he was gone. It's just something you have to live with. Try doing something special on Monday? Maybe something exciting with your kids? Something to beat the "Monday blues" :).
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    3 months is a long time to be paying for a hotel for someone you care a lot about.