Am i the only guy that does all the cooking at home?

Options

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    NO, I do 99% of the cooking when I am home. My wife is a wonderful baker and she has adjusted her baked goods for our lower calorie lifestyle just as I have adjusted my cooking. It works great.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Aside from a couple very specific things which my wife will cook- I do all the cooking at our house.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I do most of the cooking. Partly because I'm a little more anal about making sure I understand what all goes into the recipes we're making. Mostly because I'm home first with the 2 year old, about 20 minutes before the wife gets home with our 5 year old.

That and I actually enjoy it.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My significant other and I both love to cook, so when we move in together, it's probably going to be about 50/50.

I love the feeling of others eating something that I've made... It just makes me warm and fuzzy inside :)
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I have to in order to stay at my goal weight.

My wife is an excellent cook, but everything she makes is fired, or has bacon, or a stick of butter, sour cream, guacamole, gravy, sausage ... Damn! I gotta stop. This is making me hungry.
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Nope. My husband does most of the cooking. Sucks for him because apparently he did all the cooking when he was married to his first wife too. ;)
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My dad always did all the cooking at our house. My husband does not, except for an occasional lasagna. I love it when my parents come to visit!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Granted, it isn't like I have a choice being a single guy, but I do all the cooking at home and rather enjoy it. Too bad cooking isn't some kind of sexual pheromone or the ladies would be all over this.
  • cue_chik
    cue_chik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My significant other does most of the cooking,but thats because HE'S the one with a culinary degree!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    When I stay at my fiances, we take cooking dinner in turns :happy: He actually loves cooking!
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    My ex did most of it becuase I am a pretty terrible cook. Now that I am single with the kids, I am slowly learning.
    I am nothing fancy, but I can bust out the basics.
    Honestly, I just don't enjoy cooking.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Nope. Mine does all of it in our house!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    My husband is a wonderful cook, he does however use too much EVOO and butter IMO. I don't eat everything he cooks (he's not so good at cooking veggies since he can't stand them, lol) some meals I cook myself. But I must say it is wonderful having a man that cooks!
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    No, my future husband will also be doing all the cooking at home.

^THIS, plus I can't cook
  • runboostie
    runboostie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am just curious, if its not in a box my wife wont cook it.. lol am i the only guy that cooks all the meals?

Yes.
  • thefaceman25
    thefaceman25 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If I didnt do all the cooking myself I would either have burnt food or packet soup
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    I can't cook, gonna have to leave it up to the guy ;P
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    nope i do approx 70% of the cooking. It makes me wife eat halthier too, lol
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    No. My husband does all the cooking, but that's because he gets to be a stay at home husband while I go to work. Awesome trade off for us both!
  • Neequie
    Options
    you must be in the south, lol!! These belles dont like to cook!! Thats one reason my hubs went looking for a Yankee like me! Lol!! He didn't even mind a lil extra weight!! He enjoys cooking but not after a 15 hr day! NOW, his dinner is ready for the table when he gets home! And I ENJOY doing it for him! <3