5'7" girl: 155 to 130 progress pics :)

Options
13»

Replies

• Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    WOW it's almost eerie how similar our diets are, except I have protein (usually chicken or shrimp) but my breakfast and dinner are vegetarian. But pretty much the same, down to the coconut oil and soy/cocoa/fruit smoothies and the fact that I cut a few things out now that my boyfriend and I are long distance! Crazy.

As for the previous comment re: 120 being too low, I definitely have to respectfully disagree. I hate those generic "this is the weight range for EVERYONE who's X height." Everyone's body type is different. At nearly five-eight and 118, a lot of people would have told me I was too thin, but I was eating 1500/cals a day of very balanced meals. My doctor did my bloodwork every six months to make sure I wasn't missing anything and always deemed me totally fit and healthy. I was just super active and ate a very healthy diet.

I'd hope to eventually get back down to that weight but I'm taking it one day at a time...I know for me right now it's just diet (and possibly a hormonal issue) since I run 7-8mi 6x a week and lift 5 times a week. But anyway-- I think you look awesome now, and you couldn't be doing it in a healthier way.
  • allybally6
    allybally6 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! I am 5'7" (or 5'6" 1/2) and got worried when my scale started hitting 145lbs! I've since gotten down to 140lbs but I suspect it may be "food weight." I am trying hard to get to 130lbs which I once was in 2009 but I was not as toned as you are.

Congrats!! It sounds like you workout a lot & eat extremely clean! I'm a bit overwhelmed at how much exercise I may have to do to reach 130lbs o____o I don't eat grains/cereal/pasta etc., I drink soymilk/tofu/peanut butter smoothies, try to get my veggies/fruit & I eat chicken & almonds!

What are your bust-waist-hip measurements?
    I am 36-30-38.5
  • jimzisa
    jimzisa Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!! I am 5'7" (or 5'6" 1/2) and got worried when my scale started hitting 145lbs! I've since gotten down to 140lbs but I suspect it may be "food weight." I am trying hard to get to 130lbs which I once was in 2009 but I was not as toned as you are.

Congrats!! It sounds like you workout a lot & eat extremely clean! I'm a bit overwhelmed at how much exercise I may have to do to reach 130lbs o____o I don't eat grains/cereal/pasta etc., I drink soymilk/tofu/peanut butter smoothies, try to get my veggies/fruit & I eat chicken & almonds!

What are your bust-waist-hip measurements?
    I am 36-30-38.5

Don't worry, it will happen in time, especially if you have been there before. But honestly sometimes I only work out for 10-20 mins -- if you think it's miserable then take it in lots of little portions. Same goes for the veggies! Really try to get at least a handful in at every meal, I think. They are just so important, good healthy fibrous and vitamin-packed carbs. :)

And to answer your question, I am 35--26.5--37
  • laurenmgrasso
    Options
    great job! shows what true commitment can really lead to! keep up the good work
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW it's almost eerie how similar our diets are, except I have protein (usually chicken or shrimp) but my breakfast and dinner are vegetarian. But pretty much the same, down to the coconut oil and soy/cocoa/fruit smoothies and the fact that I cut a few things out now that my boyfriend and I are long distance! Crazy.

As for the previous comment re: 120 being too low, I definitely have to respectfully disagree. I hate those generic "this is the weight range for EVERYONE who's X height." Everyone's body type is different. At nearly five-eight and 118, a lot of people would have told me I was too thin, but I was eating 1500/cals a day of very balanced meals. My doctor did my bloodwork every six months to make sure I wasn't missing anything and always deemed me totally fit and healthy. I was just super active and ate a very healthy diet.

I'd hope to eventually get back down to that weight but I'm taking it one day at a time...I know for me right now it's just diet (and possibly a hormonal issue) since I run 7-8mi 6x a week and lift 5 times a week. But anyway-- I think you look awesome now, and you couldn't be doing it in a healthier way.

:) Thanks I do get a little itched by people telling me 120 is too low when I legit have the frame of a 5-foot woman. But then again I have never weighed that in my adult life, and I do want more muscle. I just picture that 5lb block of fat that they show you in health class lol and I feel like I easily have 2 of those blocks to lose. I think people worry about girls taking it too far and they are just looking out for my own good, but I also think people sometimes use the word "unrealistic" to make themselves feel better. I just have a strict lifestyle, and like you said, I am doing it healthy.
    Anyway, that's cool about our diets -- I hope it's going well for you! Although I don't see how it couldn't lol it's so healthy and delicious *mmm smoooothiiieess* lol
    And long distance is tough, but I use it as a springboard for my fitness life. It helps to keep me concerned about my individuality and mental/physical health -- a nice break because long distance means I have keep an elevated amount of concern with the health of my relationship all the time. Good luck!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous!!! Well done!
  • CelebrateLife
    CelebrateLife Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • chasingpavements24
    chasingpavements24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So jealous of your tiny waist! Seriously, you have an amazing bikini body...congrats on all the hard work paying off!
  • mamanks
    Options
    WOW you look amazing. I am currently 5'7 & 157ish. Hopefully on my way to 130 soon..nice to see its possible in a few months!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!