No late night snacking challenge continues - March 22-28

Options

Replies

• VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Day 2, successful.

I started getting the inkling to snack, and just went to bed instead. I needed the sleep.

Trying to think of my reward for the end of 2 weeks... maybe choosing a new beauty product, and lavishing myself with goodness.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Victorian jade: That's great motivation, the rewards you will give yourself at the end. I have to start doing that, but I really don't want anything besides the usual mani and pedi. And I need those wearing steel toe boots all day.

I'm 3/3! My dinner was not great, I will never order from that place again, but the hummus was good enough to hold me over. that's the important thing, that it will hold me over until the morning. Night to all. Also, happy that I ate early enough and stayed awake long enough to digest it. :smile:
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    I hate double posting. :grumble: Sorry.
  • ChangeForGod
    Options
    Im so In!! here I go. Ill say not after 7 for me...?? and not after 10 on weekends.. what do you do when you work night shift?? just starve thru it?? lol
  • kathymurphy
    Options
    fantastic challenge! how about a big glass of water, that usually fills me up and read a good book or do something with your hands.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I have a question. On Sun he 28th I have the second wedding anniversary with my hubby. What do you do in situations like that? I'm afraid that even if we go to sushi place I will go over in my calories.:embarassed:

That's such a lovely event! Celebrate it without stressing over some extra calories. Make healthy choices (given the circumstances) and other than that, enjoy! :flowerforyou:. The more relaxed you feel about it, the easier it will be to continue with this healthy life-style the day after. :wink:

It's good to have yo here.

MissMissy226 (there are more of you working nights here, rosemary may help) and kathymurphy, welcome :flowerforyou:
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options

That's such a lovely event! Celebrate it without stressing over some extra calories. Make healthy choices (given the circumstances) and other than that, enjoy! :flowerforyou:. The more relaxed you feel about it, the easier it will be to continue with this healthy life-style the day after. :wink:

It's good to have yo here.

MissMissy226 (there are more of you working nights here, rosemary may help) and kathymurphy, welcome :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much for your encouregement! :heart: I think I will just pick nice set of sushi or rolls. No tempura or anything fried! :wink:
  • rosemary10
    rosemary10 Posts: 253
    Options
    Im so In!! here I go. Ill say not after 7 for me...?? and not after 10 on weekends.. what do you do when you work night shift?? just starve thru it?? lol

Can't really suggest starving since that makes it harder to control later. I count my days from midnight to midnight and stop eating 2hrs before I have to sleep whether its a nap before I go in or when I get off at 7:30 am. A big problem is eating other people's food they bring in to share or buying junk. So I made a rule that I had to eat my healthy food before I could order out , buy junk or graze on other people's goodies. Haven't figured out what to do about emotional desire to eat for comfort/or get a break while at work. The work is draining both physically and emotionally. Any ideas? I'd love to hear em.

Glad to have you Missy :flowerforyou:

I'm 2/3 this week
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get back into this next week. Too much going on right now that I need to get a grip on without adding one more thing. See you all next week.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I'm going to get back into this next week. Too much going on right now that I need to get a grip on without adding one more thing. See you all next week.

Hope all is well. :flowerforyou:. Feel free to secretly practice for April :wink:. Can't wait to have you back! :smile:

I'm consistent with being inconsistent :smile: - eating later than my cutoff (btw, I haven't picked one this week :wink:), but eating healthy and not snacking. I wonder if this past year, in which I've been challenging myself in this no late night snacking thing has actually tought me something. :happy:. There are some slips every now and then, but things seem to go pretty well otherwise.

All this being said, I'll keep on striving for "no more food past 9". :smile:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Poll: what do you pals think of the following idea: in April, instead of (or addition to) counting our consecutive nights, we keep the score as follows: Me: x nights vs. Late snacks: x times. Resetting the counter might be frustrating.

I'm also thinking of starting a challenge on April 1st for the month - Zaza, do you have smt like that going on for March and are you thinking about refreshing it in April?
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    3 for 3 so far! I sure do want to keep it up.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    Poll: what do you pals think of the following idea: in April, instead of (or addition to) counting our consecutive nights, we keep the score as follows: Me: x nights vs. Late snacks: x times. Resetting the counter might be frustrating.

I'm also thinking of starting a challenge on April 1st for the month - Zaza, do you have smt like that going on for March and are you thinking about refreshing it in April?

Sounds good to me!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Victorian jade: That's great motivation, the rewards you will give yourself at the end. I have to start doing that, but I really don't want anything besides the usual mani and pedi. And I need those wearing steel toe boots all day.

I'm 3/3! My dinner was not great, I will never order from that place again, but the hummus was good enough to hold me over. that's the important thing, that it will hold me over until the morning. Night to all. Also, happy that I ate early enough and stayed awake long enough to digest it. :smile:

I'm a beauty and cosmetics consultant, and have inventory in my office here at home. Sometimes when I need a product (like this morning), I go in and grab it (today was mascara), but I usually leave the bigger ticket items there, even though I want to try them. So perhaps I'll try one, as my reward to myself.

Day 3 completed. Again, wanted to snack, again went to bed. 8 hours of sleep, 2 days in a row. :)
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    [Haven't figured out what to do about emotional desire to eat for comfort/or get a break while at work. The work is draining both physically and emotionally. Any ideas? I'd love to hear em.

Glad to have you Missy :flowerforyou:

I'm 2/3 this week
    Make something tasty but healthy for you. I used to take raisins with me. They are sweet and high in calories but it is better then eating french fry. Or I make oatmeal bread without any flour. Just oat meal, apples, raisins, walnuts, honey and prunes. the whole bread is 2300 calories. If you cut it into 10 pieces, it is 230 per serving. ANd it is GOOD calories... Just create what YOU LIKE and enjoy it!:wink:

Sounds good.
    :smile:
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    I was just going to give up until next week, but then a good friend on here sent me some encouragement, so I'm going to just take it one day at a time. Tonight, my cut off is 7:30, with maybe a piece of fruit later if I have a breakdown.
  • pmjsmom
    Options
    4 days in a row!

Sunnysashka--that bread sounds SO good! Would you share the recipe?
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    4 days in a row!

Sunnysashka--that bread sounds SO good! Would you share the recipe?
    Sure, I will let you know when I will post it! I love it!:flowerforyou:
  • talygal
    talygal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just saw this! Can we start another one March 29-April 4??? Pretty please :)
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I was just going to give up until next week, but then a good friend on here sent me some encouragement, so I'm going to just take it one day at a time. Tonight, my cut off is 7:30, with maybe a piece of fruit later if I have a breakdown.

that's the lulabelle I know :flowerforyou:

I did SO well last night :smile: - stopped eating after 8:30, went for a walk, stayed strong till I went to bed

talygal, read my previous posts on the April plans :wink:. You're so welcome to join! Of course we can start another one on Monday for the week before Easter. Does anyone volunteer to do that? :wink: I'd be happy to start the April one, but next week's pretty busy, so I might not be able to manage the Mo one.

Suggestion: the person with most days in a row so far gets to start the Mo track. Please post the link here.